im not ok

( this is a part 2 to 'hope ur ok' ) requested by a few people !!

6 months later, masons side

dear y/n,

first off, i just want to tell you that i'm sorry for how i treated you the past weeks when we were together. i took you and your love for granted and i regret it all. i regret thinking that no matter what i did that you'd always be at home waiting for me, but i was wrong; i completely understand why you left, you had every reason to.

i was so distant from you before we split up and i take all the blame for it. i'm not saying this for you to think i'm only saying it for sympathy but i was doubting myself and i was so insecure in myself that i had to do that to you because at the end of the day, as cliche as it may sound, it wasn't you it was me. so i thought that if i distanced myself from you, then you would grow fed up of me and break up with me, but you never did.

you loved to show me affection, even when you knew that i wasn't in the best of moods, and even though i might not have shown it all of the time, i loved every minute of it. just being able to feel your presence made my day better because you're like the sunshine on a bad day.

"hey love." i heard your voice from behind my shoulder, the sound of you putting your bag and keys on the kitchen island following.

"hi." i tried to be as blunt as i could as i stood over the sink, washing the used dishes, to maybe give you a hint but it didn't work.

"how was your day?" you got closer to me, as i could hear your voice getting more and more louder by the second.

"it was alright, you?" once again another short answer.

"i've had a right day, babe. i don't even know where to start with it all." you giggled, that sound making me fall even more in love with you, even if i hadn't been showing it. "what've you been cooking?"

"made some pasta, yours is in the microwave." i told you, feeling your arms wrap around my waist as you also rested your chin on my shoulder, as i began to wash the plate i had used for my dinner.

we stood in silence for a few moments, your slightly cold hands under my jumper and resting on my stomach as i could feel you trace some light shapes which tickled slightly. "are we eating in here or the living room while we watch something?"

"i ate mine when it was ready." i told her, her arms now loose on my waist, basically telling me that it kind of shocked her as we always ate dinner together.

"oh okay, that's alright. i'll just eat in here."

so when i knew that my distance idea had failed, i did the worst thing i thought of, going out with another girl: and all though the press made it seem a lot worse than it actually worse, i still hated myself for it. coming home that same day to an empty house and all of your things gone broke me, y/n. to know that you wasn't coming back hurt me even more than i imagined and i can't begin to imagine the hurt i caused you to feel.

and you might've seen more headlines of the dates i've been on, i'm not too sure if you have, but if you have them i want you to know that i had no say on anything. the boys decided to set me up with a few girls but i never saw them again because they weren't you. they couldn't make me laugh as much as you could. they couldn't flirt and still look so innocent like you could. they couldn't even give me the feeling if butterflies because nobody could ever compare to you.

but you left something here when you took your things, i'm not sure if you meant to leave it or if it was an accident, you left your favourite mug. the mug you used whenever you wanted to have a relaxed evening drinking either a tea or a hot chocolate. it still has that lipstick stain from months ago, despite the amount of times we tried to clean it.

the programme hadn't even been on that long before we both had a hot chocolate in our hands, the mugs warming our cold hands up, even though the heating was on. you insisted on buying us a mug that we could use on occasions like this and at first i didn't understand why, but once i saw how excited you got about it then i couldn't say no.

we both decided to cuddle up on the couch after you had been at work and i had been at training, and watch some episodes of benidorm before we got ready for bed; i don't think i've ever seen you more excited for anything before.

but once we were comfortable and our drinks were ready, i think you forgot that you had lipstick because when you had finished having a sip, there was a prominent red lipstick mark on the mug.

"oh my god, mase, this is my new mug!" you gasped, looking over to me as if i was the one to ruin your cup.

"i'm sure it'll come out, babe." i tried not to laugh as i knew that that it wouldn't be the best option right now.

"it won't though, this lipstick either stains or it doesn't come off at all." you threw back against the couch and groaned, as i took the mug out of your hands and placed them both on the coffee table in front of us. "it's just my luck, it's not come off all day and the one time i use my new mug, it comes off."

"we can always try and get it off, surely it won't be that hard?" i said to you, earning a chuckle in return, knowing exactly what you was going to say now.

"that's what she said." i heard you mumble to yourself, the small smirk on your face showing that you were proud of what you did.

"come on you, we'll try and sort it out." i stood up, holding my hand out for you to take as we walked into the kitchen, you holding the stained mug in your free hand.

"i'm telling you, mase, it won't come off." you leant against the kitchen edge, a hand on your hip as you watched me scrub the mug. we was on our third attempt to get the stain off by now, yet it still wouldn't budge.

"scrubbing this is making me sweat more than training." i huffed, standing up straight to sort my shoulders out making you giggle. "you need to have a go, i'm dying."

"you're such a drama queen, mason mount." you playfully shook your head as you took the mug and dish cleaner thing and began to scrub it as much as you could. you carried on doing this for a few moments before you stopped for a second, "can you take my blazer off please?"

once your arms were free from the blazer, you started scrubbing even harder making us both laugh loudly as we both knew that it was no help. so we left it alone and clean it normally in the future, and if the stain went then it did.

lastly, i just want to say again that i'm really sorry. i know that doesn't change anything but i just need you to know and remember that. hopefully, in the future we can put everything behind us and be friends, we did it once before.

we went from strangers to friends, friends into lovers and strangers again.

i miss you and i love you more than you ever know.

- mason

p.s. i'm not ok