we're ok

( the third and final part of 'hope ur ok' !! )

requested by a couple of people

third persons pov, ( readers pronouns are her/she )

1 week after masons letter back... (i know the timeline doesn't add up with the matches, but let's pretend it does!)

this past week since getting the reply off mason had been a rollercoaster of emotions for y/n; she had felt happy at his letter, angry and upset at his letter, she had laughed and cried at it but all she could feel was the urge to see him in person. since they had broken up, she still kept up to date with his games and how he was doing because she still cared massively about it and she longed for him to be successful.

but after she had read the letter off of him multiple times, she finally decided to message him on instagram, she would've done it on text but out of respect for herself, she deleted his number when they split up. and although she knew that mason might not even see her message due to the hundreds of messages he got a day, there was still that little bit of hope that he would reach back out to her and they would be able to see each other.

it was as if the heavens had heard her thoughts and wishes as mason saw and replied back to her message only a few hours after she sent it. so after a couple of small messages back and forth, mason grew some balls and invited y/n to the upcoming chelsea game against crystal palace. mason had no clue whether she'd turn up or not but y/n had already made her mind up on what she wanted to do.

she wanted to see him so badly.

turning up at stamford bridge in her mount chelsea shirt felt very different to all the other times she had done it before, this time they weren't together and he didn't even know if she would be here. luckily, she had just about managed to get a front row ticket in such short notice so she was hoping that mason would be able to see her. to which he did, he saw her the very moment he celebrated marcos alonso's goal, their eyes locking for the first time in months as his already beaming smile grew wider. throughout the rest of the match, the pair would occasionally lock eyes before the end of the game came and the cheery chelsea fans were now chanting as they exited the stadium, a security guard making his way over to y/n."

"y/f/n, could you come with me please?" the security approached her, catching her attention as she nodded as placed her bag strap over her shoulder and followed the man up the stairs. "good game wasn't it?"

"it was, a good start to the season." she replied kindly, the two of them making conversation about the club and the players as they walked towards one of the boxes, where she saw him sat. he must've come straight up here as he was still in his kit, his boots now replaced by a pair of sliders that y/n had bought him and he had a bottle of water in front of him.

"here you are, miss, enjoy your day." the nice security guard said, her replying with a small 'thank you, you too' as he walked away and she let out a breath before opening the door.

"nice hair, mase." she spoke, her voice surprising him as he jumped a little bit before turning his body to face her. "suits you."

"i didn't think you'd come today." he stood up as she walked down the few steps to be on his level.

"first game of the season, i didn't want to miss it." she told him with a small smile on her face, watching as his face slightly dropped when he heard her say this. "and to see you mostly, i got your letter."

"you got it?" he asked, her nodding as a reply along with the fast growing smile on her face. "i honestly thought that you wouldn't read it."

"i nearly didn't but i knew that i had to because a part of me desperately wanted to hear what you had to say. that's why i'm here, because we need to talk about it all."

"i've wanted that for six months." he admitted to her, them both now sitting on the seats as their knees touched, neither of them making an attempt to stop it.

"i just need to ask one thing, why didn't you just talk to me instead of doing what you did?"

"i didn't know how to, y/n. how was i going to tell my own girlfriend that i felt so insecure in our relationship when i couldn't even tell myself why."

"mase, i would never judge you for how you feel and we could've avoided all of this if you talked to me, even if it was only a tiny bit." she said softly, placing her hand on top of his.

"i know and i'm sorry that i didn't but then i felt even worse when i did what i did."

"I'm not going to beat around the bush when i tell you this but it hurt me a lot." y/n told him, letting her feelings out that she had been holding in for months. "did you think it was easy for me to see you with somebody else?"

"but you're the one that ended it, remember?"

"yeah, because i was mad at you, not because i stopped loving you."

"you still love me?" the silence after he asked this basically confirming his thought, looking at the woman he loved as she looked over to the pitch, trying to avoid his gaze. "i hope you do because i still love you."

"it sounds so stupid but i never stopped." she finally looked back at him.

"then let's start again." mason suggested, interlocking their fingers together as he ran his thumb along the back of her hand.

"if we do, mase, then we have to promise that we'll talk to each about how we feel even if it upsets the other person."

"that's fine with me." both of them now smiling, mason switching his gaze from her eyes to her lips as he raised his other hand to caress her cheek. "come here." he pulled her face closer to his, their lips connecting after so long yet the sparks were still very much there.

dear future us,

you've been through a lot together, so many good and some bad but you've always gotten through it together. you both need to remember that you the only way that things will work out is if you communicate with each other because that's the most important thing. even when things get hard sometimes, you have to support each other and give them that reassurance that they need.

i'd hope you're still having those late night drives, those karaoke sessions or just dance parties in the middle of the night and cuddling for hours on end after a match. i hope that you're still laughing at each other's horrible jokes, i hope that you're still travelling during off season and i hope that you're still prankish declan whenever you can.

i hope that mason is still trying to convince the boys that his musical guilty pleasure isn't little mix. i hope that y/n is still scaring mason at any possible time and posting it on instagram. i hope that you've learned so much more about each other, even though it seems like we know everything.

and i really hope that you've got a few children, possibly two boys and a girl, and that you're married by now. maybe you got married in an exotic country on a beach, or traditionally in a church with all of our friends and family watching as we vow our lives to each other or maybe we had a simple, intimate ceremony with just the two of us followed by a large party afterwards.

i just hope you're still madly in love as you was years ago, that's all we can wish for.

and if you can't tell by now, we're ok.

from your past selves,
y/n and mason