comfort

requested by: football___

i was tired. tired of working and the people i worked with, tired of feeling crap all of the time and tired of my period. as if the day couldn't get any worse this morning, my period decided to come early and i was not prepared for it one bit. my morning was already stressful enough without it; anything that could go wrong, went wrong and all i wanted to do was cuddle up with mason and sleep.

but once again, the universe decided to hate me because mason was currently busy live streaming on the chelsea instagram with ben. but to get to our bedroom, you had to go through the living room, where mason was currently sat, and if i walked past normally then people would see me and neither of us were ready for that. we had only been together for a year, so we were still a fairly new couple and nobody other our families and very close friends knew that we were in a relationship.

letting out a sigh without letting myself be heard in the background, i got on the floor and began to crawl towards the stairs, sprinting up them so nobody could catch a glimpse of me. "what was that?" i heard mason mumble to himself, probably reading something from the comments. "oh it was just a shadow from outside." he replied, knowing it was around the time i got home from work.

"mason!" i shouted from the bedroom that we shared once i heard him say his goodbyes, baloo on the bed with me as his fur tickled my stomach where he rested his head.

not even a minute later, i could hear him running up the stairs, laughing to himself as he probably knew what i wanted. baloo getting excited when he heard his dad coming towards the room, his little tail wagging making me genuinely smile for the first time today.

i hated my period with a burning passion. it caused me to get really painful spots, feel uncomfortable whenever i tried to sleep because of the cramps and i got heavily bloated that i looked nine months pregnant, my mum once asking me if we were expecting because of the bloat. but even when i hated myself during this time of the month, mason loved me when i found it difficult to love myself. he respected and let me take my time when i couldn't make a decision straight away, he made sure i wasn't in any pain and when i wasn't in a bad mood, he made me laugh till i was crying.

"hey love, how was work?" he asked, walking into our slightly cold room, to see me lay on his side of the bed, stroking baloo's back.

"terrible. i was late, i had loads of useless stuff they wanted me to do and it had to be finished before i left, let's not forget me getting my period." i told him, rubbing my hands over my face as i felt the bed dip slightly. looking to the side, i was welcomed into masons arms as i rested my head on his chest.

feeling nothing but comfort in his arms, i began to trace random shapes on his abdomen under his shirt, my cold fingers being a contrast to his warm skin . "i thought you wasn't on for a couple more days?"

"so did i, but mother nature decided to surprise me early."

"we can celebrate now." mason said cheerfully, causing me to look up at him confusion. "celebrate you not being pregnant this month, pull out game strong."

"you idiot." i playfully hit his chest as we both laughed, masons hand now in my hair as he stroked baloo with the other.

"baloo, speak if you want a brother or sister." mason said with a smirk on his face, knowing exactly what was going to happen and not even five seconds later, baloo let out a loud bark. "the boss has spoke, babe, we can't ignore him."

"ask him again in a couple of years, love, i know you just love the trying bit of it."

"yeah that's true." mason agreed, baloo tilting his head in confusion making me chuckle softly. "sorry bal, another time."

"you sound like a child who's just told their friend that they can't play out." imagining that scenario made me laugh before i clutched my stomach in pain from laughing and from a cramp coming through.

"are you alright?" he asked, his tone full of concern as he placed his left hand on my stomach.

"yeah, just a cramp, it'll go in a second." i placed my hand on top of his, applying pressure to my stomach as if it was going to make a difference to the pain i was feeling and like i had said, the cramp was gone within a minute.

"what do you want to do for dinner tonight? i can't be bothered to cook and i know that you won't want, so what we ordering?"

"i could demolish an indian right now, babe. wait, you're meant to be on a diet?"

"one little takeaway never hurt anybody and i won't tell anyone if you don't?" we interlocked our pinkies together, it may seem a bit childish but neither of us ever broke a pinky promise that we made with each other.

"i need a shower but i really can't be bothered to get out of bed right now. so we're going to stay here and cuddle for a bit longer." i told him contently, feeling his chest vibrate as he laughed at what i said. "i'm being serious, babe"

"i bet you are, darling, but you'll feel better if you have one now. come on, i'll run you a bath and get you some chocolates from downstairs, okay?" he told me, placing a gentle kiss on my forehead, before he got out of the bed, being careful of baloo, to go to the bathroom.

"mason" i jokingly groaned, his body warmth leaving the bed when he got out the bed, making me want to go up to him, which i did. dragging my sock covered feet along the fluffy grey carpet to the marble-tiled bathroom, i found him sprinkling some bath salt into the already bubbly bath. wrapping my arms around the back of his waist and leaning my cheek on the top of his back, the smell of lavender filling my nostrils making me sigh contently.

just over ten minutes later, i was situated in the bath, the hot water soothing my cramps when they came along and the lit candles making the bathroom feel extra cosy. mason treated me so well that i have no clue on what i would do without him. with that being said, it didn't surprise me that he was sat next to the bathtub, feeding me the chocolates that his mum had bought us as he sneakily took a few for himself.

"you i know that i love you, right? like everything you do makes me so happy and you make me feel so loved, all of the time. that's cringe, i know." i told him, his arm draped along the tub with his head resting on his veiny arm. the look in his eyes radiated nothing but pure admiration, the smile on his face growing wider by the second.

"i love you, so much." he replied, leaning closer towards me, connecting our lips together in a quick but gentle kiss. "i'm gonna go and tidy the room while you wash your hair, then i'll dry your hair for you."

not long later, you were clothed in one of masons t-shirts and a pair of old nike shorts, seated at my vanity in front of the large mirror. mason was stood behind me, holding the soft bristled brush as he glided it through my damp hair. "okay love, what do i do now?"

"could you spray some heat protectant on it, please? then you can dry it." i opened the draw, reaching for the bottle before passing it to him. as he had watched me dry my hair many times before, he knew how many times and where to spray my hair. taking out my dyson air wrap from the other draw, he began to dry my hair as neatly as he could, making sure that every section of hair was dry.

the rest of our night hadn't been very eventful. once he was sure that my hair was fully dry and that i "wouldn't catch a cold from it being wet", his very words, we got our indian and ate it on the couch as we watched our current favourite series. ending the night cuddling with baloo under the blankets, life felt pretty good right now.