halloween

authors note: happy halloween my loves!!

( there will be a part 2 !! )

after christmas, halloween was mine and masons favourite time of the year and our love for the holiday had clearly been passed onto thea. but even though she was still very young, thea loved every aspect of it; the dressing up that she got to do, the week off that she got from school and the sweets that she'd get from trick or treating.

before having thea, mason and i would go above and beyond for our costumes but since she was born, we decided that it'd be a bit more sensible if we were more family friendly. hence why this year the three of us were dressing as characters from tangled; mason as flynn rider, i was rapunzel and thea was pascal, the chameleon. the only reason why this was our theme was because ever since ben chilwell had shown the film to thea, our daughter had been completely obsessed with it.

"come here, darling, i need to sort your costume out." i told thea, watching as she danced in front of the mirror in mine and masons bedroom.

"when's daddy going to be ready? i want to go." she ran over to me, resting her hands on my shoulders, as i was crouched down to be on her level.

"we're going in ten minutes, we have to be patient, okay?"

"mummy, why are you wearing shoes?" thea asked me, pointing at my white converse that i had bought especially for this outfit.

"because we're walking and i might stand on something." i told her as i picked her up, settling her on my stomach, my arms holding her back up so she didn't fall.

"but rapunzel doesn't wear shoes, you have to take them off!" my three year old whined, a pout on her face, obviously quite annoyed that i was wearing shoes when she believed i shouldn't be.

"can't i wear them? rapunzel wears shoes at the end and then my feet won't hurt."

"daddy can carry you if your feet hurt." thea came up with an excuse before getting distracted by one of the fake flowers that i had put in my hair.

"i wont be able to carry mummy because no doubt, i'll end up carrying you." mason said, walking out of the bathroom ready to leave, his hair now styled.

"no, i'm a big girl, daddy doesn't have to carry me." thea protested, twiddling my hair through her fingers, a habit she had done since she was a few months old.

"even though you've already had some skittles, you'll get tired from walking." mason tickled her sides, thea's shrieks getting louder as he carried on whilst she tried to push him away.

"wait, let me some pictures before we go." i quickly grabbed my phone off of the couch, taking a few photos when i saw that they were ready. mason and thea were identical in every way possible; they had the same big brown eyes, the same beaming smile and thea had inherited her dads brunette locks, the only thing she got off of me was her nose.

once we had taken photos of all three of us, thanks to a shelf in our home and self timer, we were able to leave the house; thea taking no time to grab her trick or treating bucket and walk through the front door.

"bye mr pumpkins, see you soon." thea bent down to pat the top of the pumpkins, blowing a kiss to them as she walked off holding masons hand. she had been obsessed with the pumpkins that she got from the pumpkin patch we went a few days ago; and she decided that she wanted two of them because if she only got one then it'd be lonely without a friend.

neither of us wanted to be out late tonight as it was a sunday and thea had school tomorrow, and we knew that if she had too many sweets before her bedtime then she'd be too hyper to settle down. but our three year old still wanted to go out when it was dark, so that she was able to look at all of the lights on the houses on our street, mason and i deciding to take her out a few hours before she went to bed.

we had been out for about half an hour by now and both of us could see how tired thea was getting but we knew that she wouldn't admit it yet because she knew it'd be time to go home if she did. "look at all of your sweets, darling, are you going to share them with us?"

"you can have my haribos, i don't like them." she told us, reaching up to hold masons hand. "can i be a princess next year, please?" thea asked, watching as a little girl in an ariel costume walked past us with her family.

"you can be whatever you want but who is your prince going to be?"

"uncle ben!" she jumped excitedly, mason and i chuckling at the slight obsession she had with ben, just as thea gasped at the house we were in front of. "can i go to that house?"

"make it count, angel, it's the last one we're going to." mason told her, his hand on the back of her head as she nodded against it, running to the front door whilst we stood close to the gate to watch her.

"we could have another baby to dress up next year, who knows?" i murmured, resting my head on his shoulder as i wrapped my arms around one of his.

"what do you mean by that?" mason asked, a small smile on his face as he looked at me in confusion but his question wouldn't be getting answered as i saw thea run full speed at us, her bucket full of different sweets and chocolate, before latching herself onto masons leg.

"daddy, can you carry me please?"