You didn't need to be fully awake to know that question would not be answered any time soon.

His silence made you a bit saddened but you didn't pressure him into saying anything, settling on a mumbled 'I miss you'.

Aaron had smiled and said he missed you too and he'd call you again sometime next week.

You've been waiting till Friday for your call with Aaron but Zane has been coming over a lot more in an attempt to help Aphmau 'cope' with the loss of her boyfriend.

He's gotten a lot more clingier about it too.

Not with you, necessarily, but with Aphmau.

Of course Zane cares for you and is equally clingy bit in certain situations it just seems like he favors Aphmau or at least wants to be around Aphmau just a little more then you.

"Come on, Y/n. Your already late enough." You sighed and nodded before following Zane to his car.

You got into the backseat with your backpack in your arms as Zane started the car.

"Are you buckled up?" You nodded making Zane sigh and pull out of the driveway before making way to the school.

"Good. Let's get you to school. I can't leave Aphmau alone for too long."

"Mm...I mean. You could."

"With the way she is now? Hmph. Yeah right. I'll stay here for as long as Aphmau needs me too. Since Aaron left she's going to need all the help she can get. Especially with the Maid Café runniny up again slowly. If she wants to continue expanding, she'll need to get back on her feet eventually. And I'll be there for you too of course."

Your brows furrowed as you let out an exasperated sigh.

This was growing a little irritating now.

You get Zane wanted to help but this didn't seem right.

Your not sure how to put it into words but maybe Gene was onto something about the weird way Zane treats Aphmau.

"Did you ever think that Mom didn't want to expand? That...Maybe it was your plan the whole time?"

"What do you mean?"

"It's just...Well...You've be-been getting a lot more clingy Zane!" "Huh?"

"And I'm not the only one who sees it. I get that Aph was your first friend and n' all but...That doesn't give you the right to control her life and decisions."

"I'm not doing that! Y/n, what are you going on about?" Zane grumbled. The annoyance in his voice was beginning to be evident.

"Mom didn't want to expand before you brought it up and because of that, Aaron left!"

"What, are you saying it's my fault Aarons gone!?"

"N-No! Of course not! But you played a big part in him leaving us! Your getting overpossessive. I mean, you didn't even want me around her! And you and me are friends too! You kicked me out of your room and didn't even tell me when you two were done with your...buisness-y stuff! Your clinginess is just getting out of hand...kinda. Don't you think it's better if you take a step back a bit? From Aphmau? From the Maid Café!"

Zanes grip on the wheel tightened as you made a nervous expression.

"Look,"

Stopping a red light Zane turned to you with a rather anrgy expression.

"You don't get to tell me if I'm being overbearing or clingy or--Whatever you call it! Your a child. I don't need to hear this sort of stuff from you! And besides, I'm not the one who clung to Aphmau for a year, selfishly hogged her to yourself, and kept a werewolf secret for ages before staying by Aphamus side again all while distancing yourself from everyone. For as long as I've known you, you've always been by Aphmaus side so, again, Don't tell me whether or not I've been too clingy! Because if that's the case, your just as bad as me!"

Zane shot you a look from the rear veiw mirror pausing his words when he noticed the tears forming in your eyes.

A saddened pout crossed your features as your ears flattened against your skull.

"Y-Y/n...I didn't mean it that way--" "Leave me alone!" You kicked the seat and curled up in a ball making Zane flinch.

"I don't wanna be your friend anymore...An-And I don't want you to take me to school if I'm late tommorow either! I...w-want to be around anyone but you right now!"

Your words cut deep into Zanes core as he ran a hand over the uncovered half of his face.

"Hey--" "I said leave me alone! Just--! D-Drive me to school..." You hiccuped.

Zane sighed, a bit regretfully, but drove once th light turned green.

He gave you a glance everyone once in awhile assuming you'd cool down but only received your teary glare.

That made him look away almost as quick as he looked at you.

Once you arrived at the school, Zane took you inside to get you signed in with a tardy slip.

Sophia had told you your meant to get those whenever you show up to school late.

The assistant, as Rocky called him, gave you a sad smile when noticing your face.

"Hey...Whats the matter?" You turned away and did not answer making Zane sigh.

"She's...A little upset this morning." "Ahh...We've all been there! Well, it'll get better. I'm sure." You just nodded and took your slip.

"Give it to your teacher. It'll let her know your late." "Yes sir." You left the office and went to leave before Zane grabbed your hand.

"Want me to walk you there?"

You tore your hand away and folded your arms across your chest.

"I meant what I said! Leave me alone. Until you can understand that, j-just don't even bother looking at me!"

With those last words you walked off to your class as Zane grumbled to himself.

He then made his way back to Aphmaus house with an undescribable feeling in your heart.

Was it anger? Annoyance?

No...It was regret.

It's been awhile since Zane had felt something like that.