Chapter 14

For the next few nights Stefan used to come and sleep next to me. I was happy because my fear of the Conjuring had now died down. To be honest the time I slept NEXT to Stefan was good. Tonight I was waiting for him to come so I could tell him that I sleep without him tonight. The door opened and Stefan walked in.

"Hey." I said.

"Hey." he answered.

"I will come soon." He said as he made his way up.

"No. Wait. I think I am going to be okay tonight. I can sleep on my own." I said.

"Oh. Great." He said as he nodded his head in an angry tone but, he also looked disappointed in his eyes. That seemed weird. He harshly brushed his shoulder against mine as he walked past me into his room.

I walked up to my room and fell asleep. The next morning when I woke up I saw Stefan sleeping on the other side of the bed. I furrowed my eyebrows. I got and went to the bathroom as I showered and got dressed. I walked out and saw Stefan talking on the phone. He looked a little stressed. After, the call ended he looked up at me.

"Hey. You got up early." He said.

"You slept next to me last night." I said.

"I was checking if you could really sleep without the nightmares and you can so great." He said he said harshly with an irritated and yet disappointed look in some way.

"Everything okay at the office?" I ask.

"Yeah. Why would you ask that?" he asked harshly again.

"Nothing I just thought that you looked tense. I mean you did seem tense for the past few days." I said as I ignored his previous tones.

"Yeah." He said dismissively, "Things are a little tense."

"Do you need any help? Anything I can help with?" I asked.

"No. I think we are good." He said with hard tone and a frown.

"Well, good luck." I said as I smiled at him.

"Well, I need to go to work." He said and went out slamming the door. I flinched but, was confused at his behaviour.

We had breakfast in silence and he left. The entire day I was doing absolutely nothing like the usual.

I was sitting in the living room late at night.

"Can't sleep?" Stefan asked as he walked in with his laptop.

"Yeah. I took a nap in the afternoon. Got bored." I said with a small smile. He nodded his head at me and began working on his laptop. He seemed distant. When is he not with you? When he slept next to me.

"I have a gala in the next two days. I want you to come." He said or rather ordered. His tone definitely said that.

"Yeah. Okay. But, I might have to go shopping tomorrow." I said with a small smile as I decide to ignore his harsh tone.

"I'll ask Mal to come with you." He said without sparing a glance at me.

"Well, then. Goodnight." I said as I went walked to my room. I heard him huff as I exited the room. What is his problem?

The next morning I got ready and went with Mal to the boutique that Stefan had asked him to take me to. I picked out a really nice dress that I like but, I was not sure so I face timed Mia, Kira and Cami. They said my choices were great and said that picked out an amazing dress for myself. The evening of the gala I facetimed them as I did my makeup and got dressed just like old times. I smiled at myself as I looked at myself in the mirror.