Chapter 38: sleepovers and cookies

Start from the beginning

The drive back was filled with hilarious silence as the two looked panicked.

When we pulled into the driveway the two rushed out and grabbed all the bags running inside. I smiled as I unbuckled my seatbelt and grabbed the keys as Dick had forgotten it in his rush. I locked the car and walked inside to find Dick and Wally pleading at the feet of Jason.

"Please man! Help a brother out! Convince her!" Dick begged.

Jason seemed to be soaking all this up a mischievous smile growing on his face. "Oh I don't know..." he placed a finger to his chin and looked to be pondering.

Wally was OMGS WAS HE CRYING?!

"Please man! Aren't we friends! Have you no heart!" Wally sobbed a few tears sliding down his cheeks.

"Hmm I'm not sure..." Jason responded.

I took this time to walk over. "Okay you big babies get up. I'm removing the banishments, now quit making Jason's ego bigger."

"Oh Percy you're no fun!" Jason pouted like a kid.

The two on the floor on the other hand smiled and Wally continued crying though this time they appeared to be tears of joy. They both hugged each other giggling and chuckling like children.

"Oh thank you Percy! You are oh so merciful!" Dick cheered.  Wally nodded furiously.

I giggled and walked off leaving the two to continue making fools of themselves.

I walked to the kitchen and started to make the cookie dough. I had made sure to lock the doors because this was a sacred recipe that was not to be shared with the general public.

Overall I had a couple bowls worth of dough . I wrapped a couple and used the others to make small balls that I placed on a baking sheet and shoved in the oven.

I wiped imaginary sweat off my brow and sighed a smile forming on my face as I remembered all the times me and my mom would bake together. It was usually filled with laughter and by the end of it more cookie dough would be on our faces then in the bowls themselves.

I daydreamed for a while longer till I heard the oven timer go off. I hurriedly grabbed some oven mitts and put them on before grabbing the hot platter. I quickly put them on a cooling rack before shoving in the next batch. I was gonna continue my earlier day dreaming but I heard a knock at the door.

"Damien I told you! Just because you're the "blood son" doesn't mean you get first dibs!" I yelled.

"Seaweed brain! It's Annabeth, now let me in" I smiled. Annie was the only one who was allowed in the kitchen when the others came over. Mom said it was something about her daughter in law must always be prepared or something.

I walked over to the door and opened it, Annabeth's smiling face appearing in front of me. I smiled back before grabbing her arm and dragging her inside.

She smiled as she pushed herself on top of one of the counters. I walked over and sat next to her, grabbing her hand and lacing our fingers together.

"So I heard about your little adventure to the store, Dick and Wally almost broke down my door trying to convince me to get you to forgive them." She giggled. I couldn't stop my smile that grew on my face. Her laugh was always so breathtaking it was somehow mature and light yet childish and wonderful. I'm sure I looked like a lovesick puppy but at the moment I didn't care. I quickly grabbed her cheeks with my hand and pulled her in for a quick kiss.

" I love you wise girl"

She chuckles "I love you too seaweed brain"

I was gonna kiss her again but the oven beeped. I internally groaned as I had to let go of Annabeth.

I quickly pushed myself off the counter and put the second batch of  cookies on the cooling rack before putting the last batch in. I had two extra bowls just in case Wally was really hungry today.

I hurriedly made my way back to Annabeth. I hopped back in my previous position. Together we sat for a while longer just talking about good memories we'd had with my mom. It was sad but a nice reminder of her memory.

The timer went off and I took the previous cookies off the cooling rack and onto a plate, well two. One was for Wally the other was for the other people. Speaking of which I think they'd arrived a couple minutes ago. I'd heard lots of footsteps heading in the direction of the movie room.

I quickly popped a bunch of popcorn and shoved the other candies me and Dick had bought into smaller bowls. Now for a way to carry all the snacks. I looked around and decided that me and Annabeth could carry everything out on large platters.

I placed everything on the platters and I grabbed the one that held the cookies and half the popcorn bowls while Annabeth picked up the other platter that had all the candies and the other half  of the popcorn bowls.

We walked out the kitchen and down the halls. I could hear the giggling and talking from here.

When we finally arrived I saw all members of the Young justice league. They were all giggling and laughing. They seemed to be having a good time.

The seven.

The thought came so abruptly I barely had time to register the pillow that came flying my way. Before I could process what was happening I had thrown the platter up in the air and held it up with some water vapor that I pooled together last minute. The unfortunate thing about saving the food was that I had no time to dodge so I got hit square in the face. I fell back from the force. I landed on my butt.

I grunted in pain, the fall was pretty hard. Immediately people ran over.

"Oh no Percy! I'm so sorry!" Me'gan ran over leaning down to check on me.

"It's okay Me'gan just a bit of a surprise!" I smiled as she helped me up.

I lowered the platter down. Luckily everything was accounted for.

Everyone cheered as me and Annabeth walked in and set down all the snacks. Almost immediately everyone reached for a cookie. I smiled.

Me and Annabeth sat down immediately wrapping a blanket around us both.

We watched as the others played games and joked. Occasionally I would add something or Annabeth would correct one of them. She really seemed to hate when Dick and Wally used "Get whelmed suckers!" Whenever they'd beat someone in the video game.

A while later I started to get sleepy and before I knew it I was fast asleep laying on Annabeth's shoulder for a pillow.

———————————————————————————

1857 words