41

~Eden's POV~

"Hey." Silas chirped at me as I sat in the living room by myself the next day, watching Spongebob Squarepants since I had nothing else to do. I glanced at him over the back of the couch, my arms crossed over my chest, and rolled my eyes at him before I looked back at the TV again. He still refused to give me back my phone, which meant I hadn't been able to have it for over a week now.

A sigh left his lips at my lack of response and he rounded the edge of the couch to stand in front of me, frowning when he peered down at me with his hands on his hips. Irritated that he was now blocking the screen, I flicked my eyes up to his and raised my brows expectantly, silently asking what he wanted. "Are you really still going to ignore me?" He huffed, furrowing his brows in frustration. My eyes narrowed into a glare as I stretched my legs out on the couch. "Yes. As long as you're going to be an asshole, I have nothing to say to you." I told him simply, waving a hand at him in a shooing motion. "Now, outta the way. You're blocking the screen." I added with a grumpy huff.

Si refused to move, though, and just continued to stare me down. "Move, Silas." I snapped, my patience with him already wearing incredibly thin. He frowned at me and dropped his arms to his side, a hurt look in his eyes. "Are you really this upset with me just because I took your phone, E?" He asked, causing my brows to raise in disbelief. I scoffed and stood from the couch, unable to believe that he somehow still didn't understand. "Really, Si?" I glared up at him. "I'm mad because you're trying to control me, even though I'm a grown woman now. If you can't understand that, then you might as well quit talking to me now." I said.

He frowned and ran a hand through his hair, looking troubled. "I don't understand. Is Jagger really worth all this fucking trouble for you?" He asked me, causing me to give him a stunned look of disbelief.

"Excuse me?" I scoffed at him. "Jag is your best friend. If you don't even trust him with me, then why would you ever trust anyone else? You're just...You make no sense anymore, Silas." I stated with a shake of my head, turning around to leave the living room. Before I could, though, he grabbed me by the wrist and tugged me back, stopping me. "Wait..." He sighed heavily in exasperation and rolled his eyes. I cocked up a brow at him and he clenched his jaw, releasing his grip on my wrist to rub the back of his neck.

"Can you really not see my side of things, Eden? You and my bestfriend were doing god knows what behind my fucking back for four months! The only reason I even found out was because I caught you." He said, beginning to raise his voice a little. Guilt gnawed at my insides, causing me to look away in shame.

"It's not like I don't understand why you're upset with us, Si, but you gave me no options. I didn't want to keep it from you. The only reason I did was because I knew this would happen, and it did." I responded quietly, biting on the inside of my cheek. My eyes flicked up to his and his gaze softened when he saw me on the verge of tears. "I'm sorry that we lied." I told him, hating how weak I sounded even to my own ears. The lump in my throat ached, making it hard for me to speak. "But we make each other happy, and I love him as much as he loves me. I won't apologize for that."

Several seconds passed in which he just quietly stared at me, seeming to be deep in thought. "Fine, then." He murmured eventually, a frown on his face. "So...You and Jagger were serious, is that what you're telling me? Not just..." Silas cleared his throat and cringed, an uncomfortable look crossing his face. "It wasn't just a fling?" He asked.

I pursed my lips as I realized what he was trying his best to subtly ask me, though it wasn't really subtle at all. "No, it's not a fling." I affirmed with a shake of my head, and that seemed to relieve him a little bit. "Good." He muttered softly, his brown eyes narrowing on my blue-green ones. "Then I guess I can talk to Jagger about this shit." He said reluctantly.

And when a stupidly large smile formed on my lips, Silas rolled his eyes and looked away. "Maybe," He added begrudgingly, but I knew that he would.