24

~Eden's POV~

Later the next day, I hopped around in my room as I got dressed after I had taken a shower, trying to fit into my sheer black tights with little black hearts on them. I managed to pull them up to my waist, sighing in relief as I brushed back a strand of my hair and grabbed the button up skirt that lay on my bed.

Shimmying my way into the skirt, I smoothed my hands over the corduroy fabric and wandered into my closet, eventually deciding on a comfy sweater that matched well with the burnt orange color of my skirt. It had a cute pattern on it that reminded me of something that my dad would've worn when he was still alive, with different shapes, patterns and colors on the horizontal stripes. The cream color of it was simple, but the added blue, brown, green, red and shade of orange that almost perfectly matched my skirt made it much more colorful and was more my style. Like my dad had, I liked clothes with bright colors or funky patterns. Silas was exactly the opposite, however, and liked to keep it simple when he bought clothes.

I tucked my sweater loosely into my skirt, as it was a bit too baggy on me, and looped a belt around the waist to keep my clothes in place. As I was looking around for my phone, I heard the floor creak as Jagger entered my room. I barely got to stand straight from looking through the nightstand by my bed before Jagger was right behind me, his strong arms looping around my waist. A squeal of surprise left me when he hoisted me up like it was nothing, chuckling into my ear before he playfully tossed me onto my bed.

I huffed and looked up at him after I turned onto my back, frowning up at him. "What was that for?" I asked grumpily. "Just to fuck with you." He said with a shrug, catching me off guard when he placed a hand on my calf and tugged me towards the edge of the bed. "And maybe just a little bit because you look cute, too, and I wanted to kiss you." He added, as if that was merely an afterthought.

My face warmed at the compliment but I gave him a look. "You know I have work today, Jag." I whispered.

He just hummed, sliding his long fingers through my hair until he fisted the strands at the base of my neck, forcing me to look up at him. "And you can be a little late just this once, can't you?" He asked, nipping playfully at my earlobe. My body shuddered as I felt this almost woozy state come over me, smiling softly when his lips finally closed over my own.

The feeling of his lips on mine was not one that I could ignore or deny, so it was no surprise when I began to kiss him back, grasping at the fabric of his t-shirt. His mouth twitched up into a smile against mine, satisfied with the fact that I wasn't trying to push him away. I pulled him into me, moaning softly as I felt him bite gently onto my bottom lip, his tongue slipping into my mouth when I opened it. Our tongues teased one another, my fingers clutching tightly at his shirt as I savored the feeling of his kiss and the warmth of his body.

After a few minutes, I broke the kiss, lulling my head back against the blankets as I breathed heavily and peered up at him. "I need to get to work, Jagger, or you know Benjamin is going to be mad if I'm too late." I told him in a whisper, watching as he pouted and then rose from the bed, grasping my hands to tug me up with him. Clearly, he didn't want me to go, which I admittedly thought was pretty cute. I'd never had a man want me in the way that Jagger seemed to.

"Get your shoes on, then." He said, running a hand through his hair as he spared me a last glance before he turned and walked out of the room. I bit my lip, brushing my fingers through my hair in attempt to fix it a little more, since he had made it a little messy from tangling his fingers through it. Grabbing my converse, I slid my feet into them and then wandered out of the room, finding Jagger waiting for me in the living room with his car keys in hand.

"C'mon, little bird." He said, holding open the front door for me. "Let's get you to work."

**

"Lane!" Benjamin huffed in an irritated tone. I bit down on my cheek as I brushed a strand of hair out of my face, poking my head out from the back room as I was sorting all the shit on the shelves. "Yes?" I asked, cocking up a brow. He glared at me and I pursed my lips, wondering what he was possibly mad at me for this time. "Your boyfriend is here. Again." He said in a flat, unamused tone, causing my gaze to flick towards the front door where, sure enough, Jagger waited patiently.

"Oh." I blinked, surprised. I hadn't even noticed just how much time had passed, or that my shift was already now over. "Just a second." I chirped to Jagger, not paying Benjamin any further mind. I took off the apron that I always had to wear despite whether or not I was even behind the counter, hanging it up on the hook before I left the little room.

Jagger smiled at me when I exited from behind the counter, slinging a long arm around my shoulder when I was close enough. "Ready?" He hummed, speaking lowly as he brushed a gentle kiss against my cheek. My stomach fluttered with butterflies and I nodded, peering up at him from beneath my lashes. "Mhm." I responded.

We exited the building and wandered towards his car, his fingers fiddling with my hair as he peered down at me. "You wanna go out for dinner, or pick something up on the way home?" He asked, unlocking his car with a click of a button on his keys. I hummed in thought, biting on my lip. "I've been standing all day, so I'd kind of like to just get back home and eat there with you. Maybe we could have another movie night." I suggested, slithering my arms around his waist. I leaned into him, my chin on his firm chest as I peered up at him.

He smiled down at me and my heart fluttered, ducking down to place a soft kiss on my lips. "Sounds perfect."