9

~Eden's POV~

"Wake up, you idiot." I heard Silas complain to someone as I made my way down the hall on Saturday night, causing me to cock up a brow curiously. I poked my head around the corner and peeked into the rather dark living room, the light from the TV illuminating it just well enough for me to see that it was Si and Jagger sitting on the couch together. They seemed to be having a movie night, but Jagger was lulling off to sleep, causing Silas to huff and punch him in the stomach.

Jagger snapped awake, but Si paid the price for it. Jagger's fist struck back at my brother, hitting him in the ribs, and he almost screamed in surprise. I placed a hand over my mouth as I held back a giggle and snuck past the couch, their backs towards me when I made my way into the kitchen for a snack.

"You asshole." Silas huffed to his best friend, his voice slightly more faint now that I was in the kitchen. I quietly looked around through the fridge, not paying the two of them any mind when I heard Si get up and walk off in the direction of the bathroom, grumbling nonsense under his breath. Not finding anything of interest in the fridge, I instead moved over to the pantry, humming in thought as I peered up at the shelves. I grabbed a bag of baked lays and turned around as I left the pantry, squealing in surprise when I saw that Jagger was now standing in the kitchen, leaning against the counter.

I jumped, my back hitting the pantry door as I clutched at the bag of chips in one hand and placed the other over my poor heart, which was now racing. "Oh, my god." I sighed out, frowning at him. He chuckled, leaning against the island counter as he looked at me. "Scared you, did I?" He asked, a teasing tone to his voice.

"Yes, you did." I huffed, pushing a strand of my hair back when it fell into my face. "Shouldn't you be watching the movie?" I asked him, watching him closely as he rounded the edge of the counter to approach me. He merely shrugged his shoulders, glancing down at the shirt I had on that read 'sex and noodles' on the front. "Silas went to the bathroom because he can't take a punch, I guess." He told me, earning a giggle of amusement from my lips. His gray eyes met mine as I peered up at him, the dangly earring in his ear glinting when the light from the TV caught it. "Well, you did punch him in the ribs pretty hard..." I pointed out.

A chuckle left his lips. "So you were watching. I thought I heard you skittering your way on by." He said, causing my face to burn slightly. I guess that I hadn't been as stealthy as I thought I was being. "Well, a girl's gotta eat, you know." I mumbled, my tone slightly defensive. "Fair point." He murmured, sliding his large hands into the pockets of his gray sweatpants. I watched him closely, faintly aware of the way my fingers clutched tightly to my bag of chips when he took a step closer. "We're having a movie night, if you want to join." Jagger said, the offer entirely innocent yet I knew that it was not a good idea. Silas liked weird movies, and he always had. I scrunched up my nose. "I'll pass. Judging by the fact that you were falling asleep during it, I think I can tell how entertaining those movies are." I responded.

He laughed, the sound low and a little too nice to listen to. "Can't fault you there." He agreed, cocking his head to the side as he studied me in a way that made me shuffle nervously on my feet.

"Jagger!" I heard Si complain from back in the living room, probably realizing that he was now missing. He paused and looked down at me for a minute more, as if he was thinking something over, before he took a large step away. "In here!" He called back to Silas, turning his back to me. I stared at his broad back, letting out a soft sigh of relief. Having Jagger that close to me just made me feel all kinds of anxious, for many different reasons.

Silas came wandering into the kitchen, flicking on the light so it wasn't dark anymore. There was an amused tone to his voice when he spoke, a surprised look on his face when he saw me standing by the pantry. "The hell are you guys doing standing in here in the dark?" Si snorted, his eyes flicking back and forth between Jagger and I. I just held up the bag of baked lays that I held in my left hand, pointing at it with my other. "I wanted a snack." I said simply. Si glanced over at Jagger, who was now leaning against the island counter. "I thought I heard someone in here, so I came to see what she was doing." He told him with a shrug, to which Silas pouted. "Can't believe you didn't at least pause the movie." He whined to his best friend, making my lips twitch in amusement.

"Well, I doubt it was anything he wanted to pause." I teased Silas, striding towards the exit of the kitchen. "Pausing usually means that you want to see the rest of the movie." I added playfully, laughing when Silas scowled and shoved me gently as I passed by.

I continued to make my way back to my bedroom, hearing Si and Jagger continue to talk to one another in the kitchen, though it was now too faint for me to make out what they were saying. However, before I entered my room, I did hear Silas yell out, "Get your ass in here, Jagger! We are finishing this movie!"

And I couldn't help but to laugh, because I knew that was probably the last thing that Jagger wanted to do.