29

~Eden's POV~

"Aren't you going to join us, E?" Silas asked me, already slurring his words halfway through his third can of beer. I crossed my arms over my chest as I stood beside the couch, leaning my weight into my left leg. "Absolutely not. I would rather not be the third drunken idiot, thank you." I responded simply.

Pouting at me, Silas leaned into Jagger's side, who was chugging down another beer but was not even close to being as drunk as my brother, thankfully. "What a party pooper." Si complained, taking a large gulp from his can. I just rolled my eyes and shook my head, glancing between the two older men with an unamused look on my face. "I'm going to my room, since I'm such a party pooper." I huffed. "If you need anything, just come get me." I said to the two of them, knowing that they had both likely had too much to drink to even think about doing that in the event that they did need me for something.

I wandered down the hall to my room, shutting the bedroom door so I could change into something more comfortable than the shorts and cropped tank top that I was still wearing. After I had tossed my old clothes into a laundry basket beside my bedroom door, I found an oversized old brown sweater that used to be my dad's and pulled it on.

Not having anything to do and as I certainly didn't want to be out there with the two of them, I instead decided to crawl into bed, deciding to watch a movie on my laptop to pass the time. I scrolled around through the movies on Hulu, biting on my bottom lip in thought until I eventually found the movie Happy Feet and decided to watch that, since I hadn't seen it in a long time now. Besides, it wasn't like I had anything better to do.

About forty minutes into the movie, I heard a little series of light knocks on my bedroom door, so light that I barely heard them with my earphones in. The only reason that I took my earphones out was because I thought my brain was playing tricks on me and I was simply hearing things, a furrow on my brow as I looked around like an idiot, wondering where the noise was coming from. It didn't take long before I realized it was at my bedroom door, causing me to slip out of bed, the cool air hitting my legs as I did. Happy Feet was left on pause on my laptop as I quietly opened the door, gasping in surprise when a large frame practically fell through the doorway the second I did so.

Jagger's familiar vanilla and leather scent was lingering with the smell of beer as he fell into my arms, a squeak of surprise leaving me when I barely managed to support the weight of his body. He was quite heavy, I found out, making my knees shake as I fell back against the wall slightly. "H-Hey!" I practically wheezed out, stumbling as I tried to stand straight and carry him with me. A groan left his lips in response and he clung to me, slumping his face into the crook of my neck. "You smell so good." He grumbled softly, causing me to smile slightly, though I tried to refrain. "You had too much to drink, I think." I told him in a quiet voice, gently pushing him to sit down on the edge of my bed.

Instead of sitting, he just sort of flopped onto my bed like a sack of potatoes, curling his large body up in the middle of it. I huffed and reached out, gently pulling him up into a sitting position. "Come on, you need to get yourself together. You know you shouldn't be in here. What if Silas comes in?" I scolded him and fretted to myself at the same time, but he just waved a hand through the air. "Si passed out on the floor. He'll probably be stuck there until the early morning." He stated, giggling to himself in a strangely adorable way. I crossed my arms over my chest and stared down at him, forcing myself to give him an unsatisfied look. "You can't be in here still." I told him, watching as he frowned and furrowed his brows.

The haze in his eyes was clear as he looked at me, proving to me just how inebriated he was. "But I wanted to hold you." He complained, almost pouting as he leaned forward. In doing so, he nearly face planted onto the floor but I managed to force him to sit still.

"Please, little bird?" He added, reaching out to grab my hands in his much larger ones. I hesitated to pull my hands from him, liking the way his skin felt on mine. "Just for a little bit, then I'll get out." He attempted to bargain, pouting at me.

I opened my mouth to respond, but he pulled me forward before I could, tugging me on top of him and squeezing me within his arms. A surprised wheeze left my lips as I heard the pounding of his heartbeat beneath my head, my eyes flicking up to peer into his. Part of me wanted to resist, though admittedly that part of me was very miniscule, but the much larger part of me that wanted to give in won over as I leaned into his chest more. "Only for a little while, then." I whispered, finding comfort in his warm arms and the firmness of his muscular frame.

He buried his head into my hair and sighed deeply in content, the warmth of his breath fanning the skin of my neck so gently that it made me shudder. I wrapped my arms around his neck and let my eyes flutter shut as I relished in him being this close, even if he was drunk.

After a while, though, I felt Jagger beginning to slouch into a little more every few minutes as he drifted closer to sleep, causing me to gently pull away. His gray eyes snapped open in alarm and he furrowed his brows as he looked up at me. "Wait, don't go.." He mumbled, pouting his full lips at me so slightly that I knew it was subconsciously done. My heart fluttered and I couldn't help but to find him utterly adorable. It seemed that Jagger turned into a clingy, soft man that just wanted to cuddle when he was drunk, and something about that was too fucking cute.

"You're falling asleep on me." I told him in a soft voice, pulling him to his feet with a huff of effort. "You can sleep in Silas' room, since it's actually clean this time." I said, steering him in the direction of my bedroom door. At least, I attempted to, but he refused to budge from his spot not even halfway across the room. "But I don't want to sleep in his room. It doesn't smell like you." He grunted, crossing his arms over his chest. I once again tried to move his massive body, pushing at his back with all that I had, but even when he was drunk I was no match for him. The incredible lack of muscles in my arms were probably at least a bit to blame for that. "You're so stubborn." I puffed out a breath and stepped around his body to peer up at him. "Fine. I can't let you sleep in my bed because Silas would flip out if he knew, but you can take something of mine if you want instead." I said, watching as his gaze practically sparkled with drunken happiness.

Smiling at the simple, pure look of satisfaction on his face, I went and grabbed my only stuffed animal that I had. It was a black bear with neon smiley faces and peace signs that I had made at a Build A Bear workshop when I was a kid, and I'd had it ever since I was nine.

I handed him it and gave him a look. "If you throw up on this, I swear I'll be pissed at you, Jag." I told him, but he just grinned at me. "Love it when you call me that." He said with an affectionate look in his eyes.

"Go." I demanded him, pointing towards my bedroom door. "You need to go sleep it off." I said, giving him a soft nudge on the back. He grumbled and frowned as he glanced at me over his shoulder, hesitantly making his way towards the door as I'd said to. When he got there, he looked at me a little longer, as if expecting me to change my mind.

"Goodnight, birdie." He hummed after a minute, holding my stuffed animal still when he left. I just shook my head, unable to believe what a giant baby my boyfriend turned into when drunk, and yet there was a small smile on my lips.