28

~Eden's POV~

When Silas finally got back home, Jagger and I were sitting together in the living room, my legs thrown over his lap with his warm hands gently running over my bare skin. The sound of the front door being unlocked made me sit up in a panic, scooting to the other end of the couch so he and I were as far apart as possible.

I curled my sock covered feet up beneath me and fixed the strap of my red, white, and purple striped shirt as it had fallen over one of my shoulders. The front door shut and I glanced over my shoulder, my stomach churning nervously as Silas spotted the two of us and smiled broadly when my gaze met his. "You're home." Silas greeted, dropping his bags on the floor by the front door before he took long strides towards me. A squeal of surprise left me as Si grabbed me and lifted me off of the couch like it was nothing, squeezing me tightly in an embrace that forced my arms to my sides.

"Si!" I whined in complaint as I struggled to get away, kicking my legs in the air. Silas went so far as to swing me back and forth like I was some kind of rag doll, and I huffed to myself in annoyance. Behind me I heard the familiar sound of Jagger's low chuckle, the noise causing my face to burn in embarrassment at the fact that Jagger was here to see this. "You're gonna crush the poor girl, man." Jagger stated in an amused tone.

Silas chuckled and set me onto my feet again, no longer suffocating me in his hug. "I'm surprised you're still here." Si said, the two of them doing one of those weird guy hugs. Jagger's gray eyes peered at me over Silas' head and he cocked up a brow when he noticed the slight nervous look on my face, giving me a playful wink that made my cheeks warm. "Yeah, I figured I'd just stay with her until you got back home, at least." Jagger explained, pulling away from the embrace. Silas just smiled, turning to glance over at me briefly before flicking his gaze back over to Jagger's. "Well, thanks for letting her stay at your place while I was gone. She didn't give you a hard time or anything, right?" He asked, causing me to cross my arms over my chest defensively as I stared at the side of my brother's face.

"Pfft." I scoffed, catching his attention. "I'm not a little kid, Si. You don't have to act like he was babysitting a seven year old." I said, a little bit offended. He just raised his brows at me and turned to look me in the eye head on. "I know you're not, but you're still my little sister, E. I just wanted to make sure that you weren't giving him a hard time because you had to stay with him." He explained, only earning a low grumble beneath my breath as I looked down at the floor.

"It's fine, I promise." Jagger cut in, clasping a large hand over one of Silas' shoulders to turn him around. "There were no problems at all. Eden and I didn't do very much together. I think she probably didn't want to bother me." Jagger made up on the spot, catching me off guard with the sudden lie. I wrapped my arms around myself and bit down on my bottom lip, a little bit of anxiety churning within my stomach. Silas knew the two of us very well, and I was scared that he might be able to catch one of us in a lie. We had to act as normal as possible, to play it casual so as to keep our relationship a secret.

My brother cocked up an eyebrow as he glanced back and forth between Jag and I. A grin formed on his face after a few seconds, his long strides getting him to me rather quickly as I stood beside the couch. I yelped as Silas put me in a rather light chokehold with one arm, struggling to get free while Si just laughed and gave me a noogie on my head, messing up my hair and hurting my head a little. "Silas!" I scowled, stomping my foot onto his until his arm broke away, freeing me. Huffing in annoyance, I fixed my hair and glanced at Jagger from beneath my lashes, just a quick peak that let me know he was watching the two of us closely. "You're such an idiot." I said to Silas, embarrassed that Jagger had seen that.

He just chuckled and plopped down on the couch, right where Jagger and I had been sitting together not even ten minutes ago. "Well," Silas hummed and stretched out his legs out. "Come on, sit down you two. Might as well stay a little longer since you're here." He said, giving Jagger a smile.

"And besides," He added. "I haven't seen you in over a month anyway, and I brought home some beer." He grinned. Dread settled into my bones the second those words left his lips, because I knew what that meant.

Despite the fact that Silas was a pretty large guy and drank somewhat regularly, he couldn't hold his alcohol at all. If he had more than maybe three beers, he'd be drunk as a skunk. That, of course, meant that either I or Jagger—or perhaps even both of us—would be left to take care of him in his drunken state.

Yet when Jagger cracked open a couple cans with him, something told me that I would be the only one sober tonight, and I'd be left to take care of both of them.