33

~Eden's POV~

"Birdie!" I heard a familiar voice call from outside my apartment, knocking urgently on the front door. I pulled out one of my earphones and paused the movie that I'd been watching on my laptop, standing up from the couch to rush over to the door as Jagger called my name again.

I swung open the door and Jagger stood there, a hand on my drunk brother's shoulder so as to keep him from falling. Surprised, I blinked and glanced between the two of them, though my gaze certainly lingered on Silas because he looked like he was on the verge of falling asleep. "Why is it that every time you and Si go out to a club together, you always seem to be the only one that gets home sober and not half asleep?" I sighed, stepping to the side so that Jagger could bring my brother inside.

Once they were both inside, I shut the door and was sure to lock it securely before I glanced over and saw that Jagger had leaned Silas against the back of the couch, though admittedly Si looked as if he was about to fall over the back of it at any second. Jagger grunted as he spotted this too and tugged at the front of my brother's shirt, keeping him from falling asleep. "Well, one of us has to stay sober, and clearly it won't be him." He grumbled, a giggle of amusement leaving my lips when he began to practically drag Silas down the hall by the grip he still had on the front of his shirt. It wasn't like he was wrong, however, and I knew this very well. Silas liked to drink a lot when he went out with Jagger, probably because he knew that Jag would be his safe way back home.

While I stood just inside the doorway of Silas' bedroom, I watched quietly as Jagger dumped his best friend's drunken body onto the bed with a grunt of effort. He then threw a blanket over his frame and Si curled up beneath it, seeking more warmth from the soft fabric.

Unable to help myself, I smiled softly at the sight and bit down on my bottom lip, attempting to hide it in case Jagger suddenly looked my way. Despite how annoyed Jag seemed to get when Silas would get drunk, it was clear even in the simple way he had brought my brother home that he cared for him.

"What are you smiling for, hm?" Jagger hummed as he approached me after he had finished covering up Silas. I blinked, stepping out of the room with him so he could close the bedroom door. "Oh, um," I mumbled, glancing up at him from beneath my lashes. "Well I was just thinking about how sweet it is that you take care of my brother the way you do, even when he's being a nuisance like this." I said softly, turning around to walk back down the hallway with him. He slung his muscled arm around my shoulders and my skipped a beat, fluttering with excitement from his proximity.

"He's my best friend." He remarked in a hum, placing a gentle kiss on my forehead. "And what kind of friend would I be if I didn't take care of him, even when he's a nuisance?"

A little smile formed on my lips as I turned around in his arms, slithering my arms around his neck. His hands grasped at my hips and pulled me close, peering down at me as I pressed up on my toes in attempt to get closer to him. "I'm surprised you're still awake at this time. It's getting pretty late now, birdie." He murmured, a shiver racing up my spine when I felt his long fingers comb through the loose strands of my hair that fell down my back. I leaned into him and my breasts pressed against his chest, causing his hands to tighten where he held me by my hips.

"Yeah, I was watching Finding Nemo before you guys got back home." I told him, gently running my fingers through his soft and messy hair. "And it's not even that late, you know." I added quickly, as it was only nearing twelve AM now. I'd gone to bed far later than this before, especially back when I was in high school.

"Finding Nemo, huh?" He spoke in a murmur as he played with my hair while I did the same to his. "Room for one more?" He asked, the sudden question causing me to raise my brows at him in surprise. Part of me expected him to maybe take it back and change his mind or to perhaps say he'd just been joking, but he did neither of those things. Instead, he just stared down at me, waiting on my response, so I knew he was serious. He wanted to stay.

"What?" I said dumbly. "B-But I thought you had to work tomorrow.." I trailed off in confusion, furrowing my brows at him.

Jagger chuckled lowly and the noise had my belly fluttering with butterflies. "Why would I go out to a club if I had to work tomorrow?" He asked, an almost playful tone to his voice. "You trying to tell me that you think I'm dumb, Eden?" He teased. I rolled my eyes and gave him a flat look, smacking him on the chest when I pulled away enough. "Are you sure you can even handle Finding Nemo? I know you don't like the animated movies like I do." I wondered, cocking my head to the side. I didn't want to make him stick around to watch a movie that he didn't even like the genre of.

He scoffed and suddenly scooped me up in his arms, the abrupt action almost making me yelp out in surprise, but I managed to catch myself before I did. Waking Silas was what we both wanted to avoid right now.

I felt my hands clutching at the front of his shirt before I even knew it, and then my legs were around his waist. As he entered my room, I gently kicked the door shut when he walked by it with me still in his grasp. "You know my brother is right down the hall, right?" I asked, nervously clutching to the fabric of his shirt. He snickered and laid me down in my bed, crawling in beside me after he kicked off his shoes. "Yes, I do." He agreed simply, nodding his head. I peered up at him as he scooted his large frame closer to me, looping one arm around my waist to pull me against his body.

"And you know what else I know?" He whispered, causing me to furrow my brows and hesitantly shake my head. Jagger's full lips twitched up into a smirk. "Silas is passed the fuck out, and he drank so much that he won't be waking up anytime soon. I can say that with absolute confidence." He told me.

I just stared up at him, my fingers tracing up and down his shirt covered chest. He gave me a small smile that made my heart flutter. "So let's go ahead and watch this movie so I won't be caught when I leave later." He insisted, lifting a brow quizzically when I stupidly continued to lay there. I didn't even grab the remote. "Come on, Eden." He hummed, leaning away just enough to grab my remote from my nightstand. I peered up at him as he turned on the TV, my heart once again racing from how close he'd been. I smiled to myself as he found Finding Nemo and restarted the movie from the beginning, subconsciously cuddling into his side more.

The way my head was swimming with thoughts of him despite the fact that he was right beside me had me clinging to him tighter, seeking Jim's warmth and comforting presence.

Damn this man. I thought to myself, happily. How did I manage to find someone as gentle as him? I never thought I'd love or be loved this way. A small smile formed on my lips and refused to fade.

I like it. I almost said it aloud, but I bit the inside of my cheek. And I love him.