15

~Jagger's POV~

It was early the next morning when I saw Eden again, the sound of her soft footsteps coming down towards the kitchen making me glance over my shoulder as I stood in front of the stove. The scent of the scrambled eggs that I was making the both of us for breakfast filled the kitchen, and I could tell Eden approved of the smell from the little hum she let out as she entered the kitchen.

My lips twitched and I turned around, continuing to scramble the eggs within the pan. "That smells good." She said as she approached from behind, the softness of her voice making me glance her way. I couldn't help but to trail my gaze over the length of her short, curvy figure, lingering my gaze on her bare thighs once I reached the end of the peach colored skirt that she wore with a matching cropped jacket of the same color, and beneath that jacket was a striped red, orange and peach colored shirt. "Yeah?" I responded after a moment, forcing myself not to stare. "Don't get used to it because I'm not much of a cook in the first place." I told her, earning a soft giggle from her.

I turned off the stove once the eggs were all scrambled and cooked, eyeing Eden as she brushed back a strand of her dark hair. She was looking at the scrambled eggs like they were gods gift, not even noticing my gaze on her. "You can eat, you know. The sausage is already cooked in the oven." I said to her with an amused tone, having to hold back a snort when she made an immediate beeline for the food.

Grabbing her a plate from the cabinet, I handed it to her and leaned against my counter, waiting for her. She filled her plate with food and then glanced over at me after a minute, finally seeming to notice that I was still here. "Thanks for making breakfast." She chirped, more than happy with the tiny amount of effort that I'd put forth. It was admittedly a little bit too cute. "You should really stop thanking me one of these days." I teased, playfully tugging a long strand of her dark hair when she went to walk by. She frowned at me and grasped her plate tighter in her hands as she looked up at me through her lashes. "And you should just get used to it." She retorted, causing me to smirk in amusement.

I stared back down at her, almost getting lost in the astounding beauty of her crystal eyes. It was strange; I'd known this woman for essentially the entirety of Silas and I's friendship, and yet I was only now truly taking notice of her. From the second she'd swung open the door to their apartment, thinking I was Silas, I had started to see her as Eden—not as Silas' little sister. And I knew that that was a very dangerous thing.

Eden wandered off into the dining room to eat her breakfast and I just stood there like an idiot, watching her go. I couldn't say anything. I didn't trust myself to, not right now.

Once she was out of sight, I turned around and ran a hand through my hair, shaking my head to myself. I grabbed a plate and filled it with my own food, grabbing a fork before I turned and hesitantly entered the dining room where Eden was sitting at the table. She glanced up when I entered, taking a bite out of one of the sausages on her plate. I sat down across from her and we ate breakfast together in a comfortable silence and, once I managed to somehow finish eating before her, I leaned back in my chair and looked at her.

"Do you work today, Eden?" I asked her, cocking up a brow curiously. I didn't exactly know her schedule for what days she had work. Usually, she just would text me on the days that she needed me to pick her up from work, but now that she was staying with me it was just easier all around to communicate.

"Nope, I'm off today." She answered as she finished off the last of her food, looking up at me. "What about you?" She wondered, brushing a strand of her hair back that had fallen into her face. I shook my head and crossed my arms over my chest as I looked at her, my gaze lingering on the fullness of her lips. "I'm off as well." I answered, flicking my eyes back up to hers. A small smile formed on her lips and she stood from her chair, grabbing her plate before she suddenly reached over and grabbed mine as well. My brows furrowed as I watched her walk off with the two plates, standing from the chair to trail after her. "What are you doing?" I asked, causing her to glance over her shoulder at me.

"Well, you made breakfast, so I figured I'd do the dishes." She said, wandering into the kitchen with me behind her. I hesitated, leaning against the island counter as I debated whether I should stop her or not. Eden was sweet, but she was also pretty determined, so I doubted she'd listen to me anyways. "Just the once." I murmured, deciding to let her do as she wanted.

She did the dishes rather quickly, to my surprise, and then turned to me once she was done, drying her hands on a hand towel that was on the counter. "You wanna watch a movie or something?" She asked me, setting the hand towel back down again. "Sure." I murmured. "You can pick." I told her, gesturing for her to follow me as I headed from the kitchen to the living room. Her light footsteps hurried behind me into the living room, where I plopped down on the couch and looked up at her as she stood beside the crate like coffee table. "Well?" I chuckled when she shuffled on her feet, as if unsure what to do. "You going to sit down or do you plan to watch the movie standing up the entire time?" I teased.

Her long eyelashes fluttered as she glanced down in embarrassment, sitting down beside me on the couch. I was caught off guard by her suddenly sitting so close to me, her coffee scent and the warmth of her body making me almost regret the fact that I'd said anything. She was close, too close for me to not want to touch her or pull her closer.

I cleared my throat, pushing the odd thoughts and feelings away. "Well, let's go ahead and put on this movie." I almost demanded, trying to focus on anything else.