14

~Eden's POV~

After he'd showed me the living room, Jagger led me over towards the kitchen, the walls of which were just as dark as the rest of the house. The island within the middle of the kitchen was large and black, though the end section of it was wood and had three black stools where there was an open space beneath it, almost like a bar.

Three lamps that matched the ones hung in the living room were above the island, giving it that modern and yet rustic feel. All of the cabinets were made of the same wood of the island bar, making it very cohesive.

"This way to the bedrooms." Jagger hummed, placing a large hand on my lower back as he led me towards a long hallway. I clutched my bags tighter and tried not to focus on the feeling of his hand on my lower back, or the warmth of his touch that burned through my clothes. He stopped at the first door in the hall and nudged it open. "This is my room." He said, not seeming to mind when I wandered in with him, glancing around to familiarize myself with everything.

His walls were dark and the wood floors were a light brown color, the dark blue modern bedframe with a matching bench at the foot of the bed had a gray and yellow rug beneath it. The bed was large and covered in black bedsheets and a comfy looking blanket, the unmade state of the bed making it seem more comfy somehow. There were two bedside tables on either side of his bed, the make of it a black metal that had a gold kind of sheen to it, making it look modern and unique. To the left side of his bed was a glass sliding door that was his closet, and in front of his bed was a black ledge built into the wall that had his TV set upon it and a small plant at the left end of it.

"Your room is very...you." I noted to him, glancing at him over my shoulder after I had taken in my surroundings. His full lips twitched slightly and he cocked up a brow. "Hopefully that's a compliment." He murmured, guiding me out of his room and down the hall to the next room, which was actually just next to his.

"Well, I like your bedroom, so I'd say it is." I responded with a small smile, hauling my bags with me into the room that I assumed I'd be staying in. Jagger's hand fell away from my lower back and he helped me bring in the other two bags that he'd left out in the hallway earlier, setting them down against the wall by the dresser for me to do with as I pleased. I kicked off my converse and glanced at Jagger as he waited for me by the bedroom door, leaning against the doorframe. "Hopefully this room is okay for you." Jagger said, watching me closely as I sat down on the edge of the bed, testing how comfortable it felt.

I smiled. "It's perfect." I assured, as I wasn't very picky. As long as I had a bed to sleep in, I was more than fine. "Could I see where the bathroom is, though?" I asked him, rising from the bed once again. He looked at me and pursed his lips. "Yeah, about that..." He began, gently grabbing me by the wrist to lead me out of the guest room. "I actually only have one bathroom, unfortunately." He told me, guiding me a little further down the hall.

We stopped outside of a door just a little bit away from his room and the guest room I was staying in. "So we'll have to share this one. Hopefully you don't mind." He murmured, letting me peek into the bathroom for a moment. The bathroom floors and the walls were dark, though the inside walls and floor of the shower itself were wood styled, with a little ledge built into the wall in the shower that held shampoo, conditioner and a few other bottles. It was a pretty nice bathroom, in my opinion. "Obviously I don't mind, Jagger." I giggled, closing the bathroom door before I turned to face him.

"Thanks for letting me stay here in the first place." I said, peering up at him through my lashes. He hummed and shook his head, stepping closer to me until my chest brushed against the hard muscles of his pecs. "You say thank you a little too much, Eden." He murmured, my face warming slightly as I pressed back against the door.

"I-Is that supposed to be a bad thing?" I whispered, a small frown on my lips. He stepped closer, one of his hands planting above my head, his palm flat on the door as he ducked his head down towards me so we were closer. I swallowed thickly and nervously fiddled with the sleeves of my cardigan, biting on my bottom lip. "There's nothing for you to thank me for, birdie. You know I don't mind having you here." He told me lowly, the gentle yet firm sound of his voice and the way he looked at me making my heart race.

My lips parted and I just stared up at him, flicking my eyes from his pretty gray ones down to the fullness of his lips. Too much of him was handsome, from his face to his hair to his scent or the tall and wide nature of his muscular frame. Even that little dangly earring he had made me think he was attractive.

"Jagger..." I trailed off quietly, unsure what to say. "Y-You're too close." I whispered finally, a tremble in my voice. He paused, only seeming to realize just how close we were once I had pointed it out. The intensity of his gaze trailed down my body, making my fingers tremble with anticipation and nerves. Anticipation for what, exactly, I couldn't say.

Jagger's gray eyes flicked up to my light ones, lingering briefly on my lips as he did so. Once our eyes met, he paused for a moment before he quickly stood straight and took a step away, shoving his large hands into the pockets of his pants. "Sorry." He murmured, clearing his throat. "I should probably just leave you to settle yourself in and unpack." He said, eyeing me before he turned around and stalked off, entering his bedroom again. I stood there for a moment, almost waiting for him to come back out, and tried to process the funny feeling stirring within my body.

Eventually, I made my way into the guest room, shutting myself in as I unpacked my things.