Chapter 9: The Pact

Start from the beginning

My eyes widened, mouth agape, "what?!"

My mom ignored me and continued. "Well, what do you say? I won't accept a no anyways."

"Okay," he once again smiled politely. And I thought I never saw him smile that way at anyone before.

Now

I knew why my mom had invited him. My parents were always... excited when I talked about my friends, because they always saw them as potential boyfriends. And not just my parents, but also Tori, my sister's boyfriend and Jo of course. They were always eager to hear about them and happy when they could crack jokes about the boyfriend topic, making me, of course, feel uncomfortable. So I nearly freaked out as I heard mom inviting Ryan for dinner tomorrow. Because she obviously did it so my family could overthink there decision for who would be the best match for me. But of course there's not just his character involved, no, also his looks and family tree.

And although they did all that stuff and liked to tease me about it, I knew that it was only my decision to make. I was the only one deciding if I wanted someone becoming my boyfriend.

But Ryan wasn't the only thing that was on my mind. No, I had to think about one person specifically. Thalia. She seemed kinda familiar. And her name recalled not so pleasant memories. I just could hope that it wasn't the same person. Because if it was then my life would get fucked up. Again.

But right now someone was poking me and I lifted my head from resting on the table and looked up. I looked to my left were Liam was still poking my shoulder. I glared at him. "What?" I snapped. We were sitting in the cafeteria at our usual table.

"Why are you so grumpy, Lizzy?" he asked, still poking. I reached out and grabbed his hand, the one poking me.

"Because I'm tired Liam."

He opened his mouth, but was cut off as Ryan appeared on my other side, placing his tray on the table and sitting down next to me. "Hey gorgeous," he said, throwing an arm over the armrest of my chair. I rolled my eyes. "As if the day wasn't annoying enough already," I muttered under my breath.

I groaned and rested my head on the table again. "What's wrong with her?" I heard Ryan ask.

"Sleepless night," Liam stated nonchalantly.

After a minute I heard shuffling and chairs screeching against the tiled floor. I looked up again to see that Jere and Logan had appeared. "What's he doing here?" Logan asked while glaring at Ryan.

"Eating," Ryan provoked and took a bite of his sandwich. What was wrong with those two?

Logan kept glaring at him and opened his mouth, but before he could say something I spoke up. "Logan, please I'm tired. Just sit down and eat. You can kick his ass when he does something idiotic or whatever. Okay? So please let it slide you two." It was hard enough to convince Ryan to have lunch at our table. Well more or less, because we made a compromise. Tuesday and Thursday my table and the other days his.

Logan finally sat down next to Jeremy and stopped glaring for a split second. Next to me I could hear Ryan snort. "Right. He kicking my ass I'd like to see that."

Logan's nostrils flared and he stood up once again. Not wanting them to start arguing or fighting, I stood up, pushing Ryan down as he tried to mirror Logan's actions. "Logan," I said in an annoyed, tired and warning tone, placing one hand on my hip. I started a staring contest, which I, obviously, won, because of my tired me.

"I think you should sit down man," Jere said looking between me and my best friend. "She has her killer facade on. Plus consider the lack of sleep." he, not so subtle, whispered. Logan stared down at his friend and then looked up at me again.