Chapter 10: Part 1: Hatred

Start from the beginning

"Well, so we can keep in touch and all, you know, like everyone does, nowadays," he joked, but I held the same expression.

"You know what I mean. Why do you want to keep in touch? I mean we met once." I interlocked my fingers and rested them on my lap.

"You're right, but I want to get to know you," he stated. "Besides every time I look into your eyes I have the feeling that I've known you my entire life." Oh God! That was beyond cheesy, but also kind of sweet. I mean, hey, I'm a girl after all.

But something about his words seemed familiar. Like I've heard them before or something.

"You're wrong, we've known each other our whole life's."

Ryan. It was Ryan who said that. But I didn't get it. What was he talking about? I mean, he didn't even know my name until this day, for Pete's sake. Something was odd about that whole situation.

I came back to reality as Sam's phone went off. "Sorry, I have to take this," he said and answered his phone as he stood up. As he paced around I took in his features. He wore a grey hoodie, dark jeans and a pair of white converse. His hair looked like he ran a hand through it multiple times and he frowned as he talked into the phone. I couldn't here what he was saying, but it didn't sound too pleasant. He ran a hand through his hair, muscles flexing as he did and clenched his jaw as he spoke.

I wondered who that could be. I hoped he wasn't getting into trouble. I ran a hand through my own hair. I remembered the text from Jo, but I couldn't tear my eyes away from his fit body. Well at least now I understood why he was so muscular. Football. I guess I'm always around jocks no matter where I'm. I could have sworn that that sport was following me everywhere I went to.

In school, after school (at practice) and last but not least at home. I mean I didn't have a problem with the sport, but sometimes it was just too much.

Sam came back and sat down again. "Good news?" I asked sarcastically.

"Unfortunately, I have to go now."

I gave him a small, forced smile. I felt quite disappointed actually.

"Hey, do you have a pen?" he asked. I nodded, opened my bag and, after a moment shuffling around, handed him the pen. He smiled at me and grabbed my arm gently. "I'll just give you my number so you can decide if you want to call me or not. I swear I'm not a serial killer or something," he said and started scribbling his number.

"You know, I think that's exactly what a serial killer would say," I say while I watched him as he wrote on my right forearm. He looked up for a split second and shot me an amused smile. He really smiled a lot. Not that I'd mind, his smiles were breathtaking. He continued his action and was done after a few seconds. I smiled at him.

We both stood up, I grabbed my stuff and we headed to the parking lot. That was such a deja vu moment.

"Sam what about your jacket? I can't just keep it. I-" I was cut off as he abruptly froze in his steps, turned around and I crashed into his hard chest. Again.

He grabbed my arms to keep me from falling this time. And my breath got caught in my throat as I noticed how close we were. "Keep it. At least then I have an excuse to come back."

And with that he was gone.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\

After I had walked home, I started to work on my homework. I was buried in my stupid calculus book as my phone buzzed, next to me on my bed. I opened the text I got from Jo and noticed that, after the encounter with Sam, I had forgotten to read her first message.