I watched Aaron from my locker. He was talking to Shar Harkness. She was a pretty, petite red haired girl who happens to be my enemy. I was surprised, but finally worked up the nerve to approach him. Shar immediately looked at me, but Aaron tried not to acknowledge me. Shar obviously felt awkward and left. He turned to open his locker. "So you're ignoring me?" I asked once Shar was at her own locker. "You're terrible. You know that?" I said. I knew that'd get him. "I'm terrible? I asked you just once to not do one thing, but you couldn't just do that simple thing!" He shouted, earning us a few glances. "That simple thing is my friend! I can't just stop being around him, because you're so insecure! You decided to ignore me and act like a b**ch!" I shout back. If he wanted attention, I was going to give it to him. His eyes went into the squint that they do when he's angry, but this anger was more aggressive than ever before. He grabbed me by my arm, harshly forcing me to follow him into a more private hallway. There were a few students rushing to class. I yank my arm from him. "Don't touch me like that." I muttered. He scoffed. "You just called me a b**ch in front of everybody. Don't disrespect me like that." I rolled my eyes, ignoring his statement. "Why were you talking to Shar?" I ask him. "Same reason why you showed up with Chris." He retorted. I was so annoyed. I've been so annoyed with him. He's supposed to protect me, make me happy. Why is he being so mean? "I'm done with you. Maybe you really are a b**ch." I said. "I'm a b**ch? You're a b**ch. One that doesn't know how to listen! I'm pissed! I don't care if you're done. I've been done." I couldn't believe he called me a b**ch. I slapped him as hard as I could. He reacted quickly by giving me the same treatment. I was so shocked and he looked as surprised as I did. He attempted to fix the situation, but I shoved him away. I was so hurt, but more angry. I didn't know what to do. I wanted to start hitting him, but I just walked away, leaving him calling my name from behind me.

The bell had rung about 5 minutes ago. I walked into my class with all the attitude in the world. "Why are you late?" My teacher asked. "Because the damn bell already rang." I snapped. The class went quiet. My teacher regained composure. "I'll see you after class." She said. "You won't." I said rolling my eyes and taking a seat. She ignored me. The rest of my day went this way. I was more upset, because I had no classes with Chris, but as soon as the last bell was ringing I called Chris. I cried in almost every class, I didn't want to cry now, but I couldn't help it. "What the hell? Are you crying?" He asked approaching me. I was crying to the point where my breathing was wrecked. He embraced me with a loving hug. He didn't ask why, what, who, where, when, how, he just hugged me. He is the best. "I'm sorry." He said on the drive to my house. "For what?" I asked. "I know this is because of me." He said. I shook my head. "No it's him. Chris?" "Hm?" He asked. "He...Never Mind." I wasn't able to say the words out Loud, to hear them myself.

He hit me.

The words kept repeating in my head, mocking me. What hurts the most was knowing that I still love him. I stayed in my room, refusing to have anything to eat until the morning came. I went to school looking rough, without a care in the world. I felt numb, but knew I wasn't, because you have to have feelings in order to be heartbroken. I showed up late to school. I missed my first two classes. I had lots of messages/calls. A majority of them being from Aaron. I took my headphones out of my ears, glad to know everyone was in class so I won't have to run into Aaron in the hallways. Just as soon as I thought I was okay, I heard his voice. "Klare?" He asked, almost like he was questioning if it was okay to talk to me. I ignored him. I put my things in the empty locker. "Please listen to me?" I didn't acknowledge him. "Klare, I didn't mean to react that way. It just happened really fast, I wasn't thinking and I was angry." He tried explaining. "So what's gonna happen the next time that your angry?" I asked, without looking at him. "I won't do anything to hurt you. I'll just walk away. You can hit me all you want. I deserve it...Please don't leave me." He pleaded. "I thought you already left me." I said, closing my locker. "I was angry and saying stupid stuff. But I didn't break up with you. I can't. Klare, I love you." He said. I finally looked at him. I wanted to laugh, because the both of us looked a mess. I guess he noticed the laugh I was holding in. "I didn't sleep or eat or even brush my hair, so go ahead...laugh." He said with a straight face. I shook my head trying to look serious. This was a serious situation. But he looked terrible. I didn't want to speak cause I knew I'd laugh. "You don't look too good either." He said. "Well at least I don't look like sh**." I replied, laughing. He let me insult him for a while. "Okay, I'm done. I'm done." I said gaining composure. "I'm sorry, Klare." He apologized. "I know." I respond. "You know you look kind of cute in a rough way. I could live with this." He lied. I rolled my eyes. "Sure." I said sarcastically. We were quiet for a while until I spoke up again. "You know you really hurt me? Not physically, but just the idea of you actually hitting me...It really hurt." I said, speaking my thoughts. I didn't expect him to tear up. He embraced me with a warm hug and rested his chin on my head. "I know." He said softly. We stayed that way for a while. He looked at me. "I'll never hurt you again." He promised. He kissed my lips passionately, but we were rudely interrupted. "Woah, woah! There is a strict policy in this school against PDA. The student handbook clearly states: No PDA whatsoever!" The gym teacher shouted. Aaron laughed, but I didn't find it funny. I was embarrassed. But I was happy to know that we're okay. We'll be okay and we'll stay okay. I'm just glad that he stayed true to his word.