Accidents?

Aaron had read a text from my best friend Chris that stated: We're cuddling hard tonight. He got really upset and the situation escalated.

I've been friends with Chris for a year and a couple months now. Chris is gay, but Aaron doesn't believe that because, "He's too masculine" to be homosexual. There have been plenty of times that we've had these arguments, but this was one of the worst. Plus it was in the middle of our high school. It escalated pretty quickly.
•••
"Aaron what time are you going to the party tonight?" I called getting dressed while he was downstairs. "Like 10:30" he yelled up the stairs. "Can you bring me my phone?" I call back. "Are you serious?" He whined. I giggled. "Yeah, I have to let Chris know when to come over." I answer. I heard him grunt. He took a long time to come up the stairs. When he did he didn't look so loving "What is this?" He asked, showing me the screen. It was a text from Chris. I shrugged. "Why the hell would you be cuddling with him?" He asked. "It's an inside joke." I stated. "Well tell me," he spoke taking a seat on my bed. "This better be funny too." He said with a serious face. "Well at last year's St. Patrick's party, Chris got really drunk and I didn't know him well, but he was a wreck and crying over his ex boyfriend and we were both at bad times so we ended up cuddling and that's how we became friends. So this is like our friendship anniversary..." I explained awkwardly. He stared at me. "Are you serious?" I stared back. "You expect me to believe this guy is gay?" He snapped. I rolled my eyes and took my phone. I texted him when to pick me up for the St. Patrick's party tonight. "You're not going to the party." He said. I looked at him as if he was speaking a foreign language. He was never controlling, but he was always jealous about Chris. Chis is attractive, no doubt. But he likes what I like and that's that! I was annoyed. "Get out of my face, Aaron." I mumbled walking by him. He grabbed me by my arm. "I'm not joking Klare. If you walk into the party with him, I'm done." I didn't believe a word he said. I smiled "Whatever." I chuckled, before walking by him.

"Well I'm about to leave. I'll see you at the party." He said giving me a kiss. "Ya'Know I wouldn't have to go with Chris if you'd go with me." I mumbled. "I told you I have to work late and I know you're gonna want to go early." He said. I sighed. "I'm still going with Chris. I can't treat him different, because of your insecurities." I said. He looked at me surprised. "I'm not joking, Klare." He warned once more, before leaving.

A couple hours went by before Chris and I had left. "Are you good?" Chris asked, a few moments into our quiet car ride. I nodded. "What'd he do?" He asked, looking at me as the light turned green. "It's green." I said. He sighed. "You don't have to say, but promise me you'll have enough fun to forget about it." He smiled. I smiled and agreed.
•••

The night was amazing and I felt great. I had forgotten about my argument with Aaron. That was until he walked into the party. He spotted me. When he saw who I was with he looked away as if I was just some girl. I was surprised, but I didn't want to seem hurt by it. But I was hurt. I ignored him the whole night and he ignored me. I guess it was obvious, because I kept receiving different questions: "Are you still dating Aaron?" "Who broke up with who?" "When did you break up?" "Why did you break up?" "Are you guys okay?"

But my response to each question was: "We never broke up. We're fine." But I really had no clue. Was his little ultimatum serious? No, I doubt it. The night continued this way. I got pretty messed up in order to drink the feelings away. I wasn't about to drop my friend of almost two years for a 10 month relationship, that's an unwritten rule in friendship.
•••
After the Saturday night party, Sunday was nothing but a headache. An actual headache. I didn't talk to Chris, because in a way I was feeling guilty. Only because Aaron had made me feel so bad. I dreaded Monday. I needed to talk to Aaron. He wouldn't text me, call me or reply to anything. I had to figure out a way to put my ego aside and apologize.
•••
Monday morning finally came. I knew that Aaron wouldn't be here until our 2nd class, because he has a study hall period that he doesn't have to show up for. Finally the time came.