Don't You Dare. part 3

"No! That's a horrible name I'd never name my baby that." Cynthia teased Dana, who was seated next to her boyfriend Tyler. I don't know why they're talking about baby names, but it only makes me uncomfortable. Just knowing that in 6 more months I'll have to decide on an official name for my baby boy. I don't know for sure if the baby's a boy, but something tells me it..or he maybe she is. It's confusing. I'm overly excited, because today I have my appointment with Dr. Strident for my check up. I'm exactly 21 weeks today, so the baby is developed enough for us to figure out the sex. I haven't told anyone, but my parents yet. I know it's stupid, but it isn't as easy as it may seem. Cynthia is so in love with Justin, and she doesn't have any clue of what had happened that day. I feel pretty stressed. Dr. Strident is constantly warning me that if I let my stress levels high again, I could put my pregnancy at high risk. I fainted 2 times already, through my pregnancy from a panic attack or stress. I'm also taking finals right now. I always make excuses in gym class, but I'm pretty sure (even though Mr. Whalens is a man) he knows a usual females menstrual doesn't last so long. He had to have a talk with me the other day as well. My parents are very irritated that I haven't talked to Justin, but they're patient.

"What do you think, Yn?" I looked up from my lunch tray and at Cynthia. "Hmm?" I mumbled. "If I had a baby boy with Justin, do you think Michael would be an ugly name?" I just shrugged. "Are you pregnant?" I asked with sarcasm. She gasped. "No!" she shouted, seeming startled as if being pregnant was a disease. I simply laughed at the irony. I've been wearing baggy shirts and mainly just leggings or jackets so my baby bump isn't noticeable, but soon this nightmare will end and I'll have to face an even bigger reality. "Oh hey babe." Cynthia chirped as Justin kissed her anxious lips. I couldn't bare to look at the scene. That's your father. I think with my hand nearly touching my stomach, like I was thinking with the baby. I jumped with a gasp, feeling my baby's movements. It's been moving pretty early. He started kicking when I was only at 13 weeks. The first kick was frightening but amazing. I didn't know for sure I was pregnant until then. It all seemed surreal. "You okay?" Justin turned to look at me as he took a seat in-between Cynthia and I. No, you're baby seems to be a fighter....I wanted to say it, but that'd be too blunt. Why can't men carry a child? Once, just once? "Oh yeah. I'm fine..." they all just stared at me. "Cramps." I muttered and they quickly went back to normal. "You want to hang out later on?" Dana asked me minutes later. "I can't, I got another appointment." I told her. "What? Okay, are you pregnant?" She blurted out, and I realized she was kidding. "No. I just um...My family is always sick, so I try not to be." What a horrible lie. Lunch ended soon and I headed to gym with Cynthia. "Are you actually going to do something? Your participation points are low. Plus I don't want to be partners with Sierra again." Cynthia bugged me as we entered the locker room. "Yes, I have no choice." I said going into a stall to change. "Yn, why do you keep changing in there? We're all girls." she asked, but ignore her question.

I was jogging our laps with Cynthia, but really slowly. She seemed to be getting extremely frustrated. She stopped herself and I, on the middle of the tracks. "What?" I asked her. "What is with you? We never hang out anymore and you're suddenly lazy as f**k! I try so hard to be a friend to you, but I can't if you never talk to make. You just keep making excuses! I want to be there for you! You aren't even there for me anymore. Did you know Justin and I had a pregnancy scare last week. I called you, but you wouldn't answer so Dana had to come over and be there for me while I took the test-" "Are you pregnant?" I whispered. "No! That's not the point. The point is, you're not there when I truly need you and you're extra bitchy too." I began to shake my head. "I don't need this." I muttered before rushing away. I decided to call my mom and leave early.

~~~~~

Yesterday I learned that the baby is a boy! I'm super excited. All yesterday Dana, Tyler, Justin and even Cynthia have been sending me rude things, claiming I'm treating Cynthia wrong. They don't even truly know me...Its sad, because they're supposed to be my friends.

~~~~~

Its Monday and so far everyone has avoided me. I really didn't want to go to lunch, but I have to eat. I got my food and looked toward the table I usually sit at. I quickly looked away and continued my stroll to an empty table. I guess Tyler was feeling bad, because while everyone was up in line and getting their food he signalled for me to sit at the table. I sat down in my usual seat cautiously. "Hey..." I spoke quietly. "Hey. If it means anything, I think they're overreacting. You and Cynthia are friends and should not act like this." he smiled. I saw I the corner of my eye, the rest of the group were on their way to the table and they were staring at me...hard. It was awkward as everyone was seated eating quietly. "You know what? Why are you here?" Cynthia blurted out. Ugh, goodness I don't need to be stressed now. Not now. "I have a right to be. Why the f**k are you here? I don't know why you turned everyone against me, but you're the bitchy one. My bad Justin almost got you pregnant. It could have been worst. Trust me!" I shouted causing attention. "You b**ch!" She nearly lunged at me but Justin stopped her. "Cynthia, don't worry. She's just jealous. She's always been jealous. She's only acting like this, because before me and you were together we kind of had sex. But I love you. Not her." He turned to me. "It still doesn't give Yn the right to act like a b**ch though." He said looking me in the eyes. I could feel the hot tears beginning to drown my eyes before flowing onto my face. "Kind of had sex? Is that what you call it? The truth is I was stupid enough to sleep with you, and you won a bet or a dare over it. You know what I won, while you were strutting around with Cynthia as the perfect couple in our high school? I won a memory. Of you! That will forever be with me! Yeah, you two had a pregnancy scare, so what? I am pregnant. That's not just something I could push aside! You can hate me all you want, Justin. It won't matter, because I hated you a long time ago." He tried to reach for me but I avoided his touch. I looked at Cynthia who looked hurt. "Sorry to ruin your relationship. But he ruined my life." I was now standing. Man, I'm a mess. I know my makeup is probably running. I could see the whole cafeteria watching, including teachers. I could feel a panic attack coming on. I rushed through the open floor and out the double doors. I went into my locker and through my bag over my back and pulled my phone out. I dialed my mom's phone and waited for an answer before shutting my locker and leaning against it for support. "Mom? Mom? I can't...I can't breathe." I cried loudly. I could see a teacher come out of her class room to get to me. I slid down the locker as all the sound around me muffled. There was a soft touch on my shoulder, before I saw darkness.