Chapter 10 - Ashes to Ashes

HECK YEAH UPDATE!!! IT'S BEEN SO DAMN LONG THAT I FORGOT THE ACTUAL DAMN PLOT OF THIS STORY, WE'RE GOING IN BLIND BOYS, BUT NOW I HAVE MY FRIENDS TO HELP ME THINK OF HOW THE STORY CAN CONTINUE, YEAH!!! ALSO, MY STOMACH FEELS LIKE ITS EXPLODING FROM THE INSIDE OUT WHILE WRITING THIS PART, BUT I DON'T CARE, YEAH!!! ALSO, KNOW THAT CHAPTERS MIGHT BE SHORTER FROM NOW ON SO YEAH!!
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

"(Y/n)? What are you doing here?" A voice asks, the faunus turns to see her team leader, Ruby, approaching her from behind.

"Needed some fresh air too, huh? Guess I'm not the only one." The reaper says with a warm smile, patting the faunus girl on the head. The girl relaxes as she enjoys the feeling of the reaper's hand on her head before quickly shaking her head and pointing towards the silhouette of a woman running along the rooftops of beacon.

"That's... Not normal." Realizing that the intruder might be up to no good, Ruby quickly grabs (Y/n)'s hand, dragging her along as they made their way towards the CCT tower where the intruder was last seen entering, but not before grabbing their weapons from their lockers. Exiting the elevator, weapons drawn, the duo slowly advances, making sure not to make any noise that might alert the intruder to their presence.

"(Y/n)... Uh... Can you... Sniff them out?" Ruby awkwardly asks as she turns her head towards the faunus girl. (Y/n) relaxes her body, letting out a shaky breath before using her heightened senses to find the intruder. Ruby looks towards her partner once more, confused, before seeing her faunus ears slightly twitch as she runs off leaving the red reaper behind.

"Hey, wait up!"

⎯⎯⎯

Turning the next corner the duo finds the intruder in the control room as they implant a drive into the control panel. A queen chess piece appears on the computer screen as she begins talking as if she was talking to someone.

"Hey!" Ruby shouts with (Y/n) behind her, weapons drawn.

"I don't know what you just did... But you better un-do it right now, or else!" The red reapers shout again, as (Y/n) lets out a low growl.

"Or else what?" The woman asks with a smirk as the floor begins to heat up before turning into a small explosion, Ruby quickly jumps away, avoiding the attack, while (Y/n) leaps into battle, her eyes glowing red as she stares down at her opponent. She dashes towards the enemy ready to strike her down, but the woman quickly reacts as she pulls out 2 glass blades blocking the faunus' attacks. The 2 clash against each other just before the woman heats the floor around them readying for another explosion. Sensing the danger, (Y/n) backs away as the woman heats up her blades, fusing them together to form a bow, aiming for the faunus girl's head. But before the woman could take her shot, something hits her hands launching her weapons away from her, turning her head she sees Ruby with crescent rose in its sniper form, the red reaper smirks as she beings unloading her weapon onto the enemy. Dodging the bullets, the woman quickly produces a container of dust from her belt, expelling a cloud that glows. Condensing into glass shards that go flying at Ruby. With Ruby distracted, the woman quickly grabs her weapons as she breaks through one of the glass window, making her escape. (Y/n) leaps out the broken window not letting the intruder escape.

"(Y/n)! Wai-" Ruby stops mid-sentence as she hears an alarm go off, turning her head she sees the elevator door open to reveal, General Ironwood.

"Fudge..."

⎯⎯⎯

Outside, a woman can be seen running along the rooftops, checking to see if she's being followed, she turns her head to the sight of (Y/n), hot on her trail.

"Tch, persistent little wolf." She mumbles to herself before turning around aiming her bow and firing 3 arrows towards the faunus. The girl's eyes widen as she takes the 3 arrows head-on, exploding on impact. The woman lands on a rooftop below, smirking as she looks up at the explosion, her eyes widen as she sees a sword heading towards her, not having enough time to react, the woman barely dodges as the sword hits her in the thigh making a deep cut, before getting impaled down on the ground. The woman shouts in pain as she looks up to see (Y/n) land on the ground, her dress/suit covered in burn marks as she lets out a series of shaky breaths. The woman glares at the faunus before superheating up the ground below them before turning into a huge explosion sending out dozens of smoke and debris around them. Using the smoke as cover, the woman quickly stands up and limps away before (Y/n) could recover. As the smoke dissipates, (Y/n) opens her eyes only to see that the woman was gone, grabbing her sword she notices a trail of blood leading back towards the dance hall, entering the room she begins to sniff out the woman' scent, but before she could find it, someone grabs her from behind. Turning around, she smiles as she turns to see a familiar face, Pyrrha.

"(Y/n) where have you..." Pyrrha pauses as she gets a better look at the faunus girl.

"What happened to your clothes?!" She shouts as she sees that the girl's dress/suit was covered in holes and burn marks.

⎯⎯⎯

The next day...

"They were here... Ozpin, they were here!" Ironwood shouts as he angrily slams his fist against Ozpin's desk.

"We're very much aware of that! Thank you, James."

"You're aware! Now are we going to do something about it or should we just stay the course and continue to ignore what's right in front of us?!"

"And what exactly do you want us to do James? Oh I know, how about we get more of those eyesores you call ships to patrol around our skies, and maybe that will scare them off." Glynda says before letting out a frustrated sigh. Ironwood was about to speak up but before he could he was quickly interrupted by Ozpin.

"Enough!" Ozpin shouts, getting the attention of both Glynda and Ironwood.

"I'm very much aware of the situation James, but know that we can't just go in headfirst without a plan or else it will scare the enemy off. That is why I had called someone here to help us with our little predicament. In fact, they should be arriving right about... Now." As soon as he says that, an alert sound plays, signifying that someone has arrived on the elevator.

"Come in." Ozpin says as Ruby Rose and another person hiding behind the reaper steps out of the elevator.

"Sorry it took so long. (Y/n) isn't exactly a 'morning person'." Ruby awkwardly says as a pair of eyes peeks out from behind her back. Ironwood's eyes' widen as she stares down at the faunus girl behind the young huntress.

"YOU! "