Chapter 9 - A night to remember

In the ballroom, we see Ruby, who is standing near the refreshments tables.

"I see you're hiding at the punch bowl too." Jaune says with a light chuckle as he approached Ruby.

"Y-yep." Ruby says with a nervous chuckle.

"To the socially awkward." Jaune says as he raised his glass towards Ruby. Ruby giggles and they clink glasses.

"Sorry things didn't work out with Weiss." Ruby says as she puts her hand on Jaune's shoulder.

"Meh, it's fine. Neptune's pretty cool. I get why she went with him." Jaune says as he looks down at his cup.

"Huh? What do you mean?"

"Well, come on, not many people can pull off blue hair." Jaune says with a light chuckle as he begins to drink his punch.

"No, I mean, Weiss came to the dance alone." With that said Jaune immediately spits out his drink.

"What?!"

"Yeah, Neptune didn't come today... I guess he had other plans." Ruby says as she tilts her head. ( Sorry if there are any Neptune fans out there when I rewatched the show I grew an immense amount of hate for the guy and I don't even know why xD )

"I need to find Weiss." Jaune simply says as he hands Ruby his cup before walks away. As Jaune makes his way across the room, shoving other students aside, he stops as he watches Pyrrha pass by.

"Hey, Pyrrha!" Jaune shouts calling out to Pyrrha. Pyrrha turns around to face him.

"Oh, Hello Jaune." Pyrrha greets.

"Hey,  you look really nice."

"Thank you." Pyrrha says as he gives his leader a warm smile.

"Your, uh, date isn't going to beat me up for saying that, is he?" Jaune nervously says as he looks around to find Pyrrha's date. Pyrrha chuckles before letting out a sigh.

"There is no guy." Pyrrha sadly says as he looks down at her feet.

"W-what?"

"Nobody asked me."

"But that's... You're Pyrrha Nikos! H-How could nobody ask you?!" Jaune shouts as he shrugs dumbfounded.

"I've been blessed with incredible talents and opportunities. Everyone assumes I'm too good for them. That I'm on a level they simply can't attain. It's become impossible to form any sort of meaningful relationship with people." Pyrrha says as she sighs in disappointment.

"I-I'm sorry." Jaune says trying to console his friend.

"I-It's ok, I never really enjoyed these types of parties anyways." Pyrrha says as he gives Jaune a warm smile. Jaune smile back before he remembered what he was doing.

"Erm... Have you seen Weiss around?" Jaune asks.

"Actually, I saw her sitting at one of the benches. Why, anything wrong?" Pyrrha says as he gives Jaune a questioning look.

"Well, you see..." Jaune explains the situation to Pyrrha as her eyes widen in shock.

"T-that's horrible!"

"I know right? That's why I need to find her!" Jaune says with determination in his voice. Pyrrha nods as she grabs Jaunes begins to lead the way.