Chapter 8

|EIGHT|

"So, would you mind telling me who is this suspicious person is?"

"He's Eight. He's a friend of mine."

"A friend, huh." I whispered as I sipped on my coffee. Hindi ko mapigilang bahagyang matawa kapag naaalala ko ang nangyari kahapon. That event yesterday was so interesting and satisfying. Who would have thought that I would see him there sneaking like a rat in a woman's office?

"My lady!" Amira appeared in front of me. She looks shocked and excited for some reason. "Your Highness the Crown Prince is here to see you!" She's obviously delighted. God, I can almost see stars in her eyes.

I smirked and put down the cup of coffee I'm holding. "Kalma ka lang, Amira. It's just the crown prince."

"We should change your clothes, my lady! Hurry!"

"No, it's fine. I will meet him."

Maayos naman ang suot kong damit. A simple blush pink half sleeves dress that reaches my ankles. It's not that grand like the typical dresses you should wear from this world. It's more like my very casual dress when I'm just inside the mansion.

"But.."

"We can't let the crown prince keep on waiting, right?"

Amira seems disappointed. I know how badly she wants to doll me up just for the crown prince.

"Then, should I lead him to your drawing room?"

"Just bring him here."

Ang pagkadismaya sa mukha ni Amira ay mas lalong nadoble. Tch, why bother yourself just to please that guy.

"The crown prince is here, milady."

Tumayo ako at ngumiti nung makita ko si Remus. He looks so regal in his navy suit. The intricate gold embroidery shines under the sun with the beautiful aqua brooch placed on his chest.

Damn, he's really handsome.

I smiled at him so brightly that someone will think that I'm happy to see him.

"How are you, Lady Lucille?" The crown prince, Remus said, mimicking the way I smiled at him.

I slightly bowed at him. "What an honor to have you here, Your Highness. To whom do I owe this honor of your sudden visit?" Plastik na tanong ko.

"I was actually on my back to the palace when I thought of visiting you. I hope you don't mind."

Ooh, isa pang plastik.

"Oh." I giggled. "Not at all. It's my pleasure."

Parehas kaming natahimik at nakatingin lang sa isa't isa. I bet this scene looks so romantic in front of these people around us. As if we were completely immersed with each other's presence that we forgot that we're not the only one here.

Pft. As if.

Tumingin ako kay Amira at sa ilang mga tagasilbi sa gilid. They automatically looked down, averting their eyes. Pansin ko ang ilang mga itsura nila na para bang mga kinikilig. Lalong lalo na si Amira. I bet she's screaming inside her head.

"Amira," I called her. "The prince and I wants to be alone."

"Understood, milady." Amira and the servants hurriedly walk away from the garden. I even heard someone squealed. Impit na tili lang ito pero narinig ko pa rin.

As soon as they are all gone the air between me and the prince suddenly changed. Pakiramdam ko ay ano mang oras ay may kidlat na tatama sa aming dalawa. Ang kaninang ngiti sa labi ng prinsipe ay nawala ng parang bula.