Chapter 10

*Heart on fire- Part 1*

I need to read some self-help books like..

"How to convince people to listen to you?"

or maybe

"How to successfully get yourself out from awkward situations?"

I stroll in corridor taking heavy steps towards the nightmare that is awaiting me.

It's last hour of college and I have one more hour to kill before Dirty Boyz make their grand entry into the campus. I wait near auditorium where they usually practice their songs..I have no idea what they do or where they pass their rest of time whole day.

I'm not going to invite my crazy highly enthusiastic friends in the task that is awaiting me. They would be more of a distraction than help..so I decide to shoot some more random idle shots just to pass time..group of girls laughing..gossiping on their way out..few jocks showing their skills on way to practice..nerds heading to library.. couples smooching passionately..they break away when they catch me catching them..one of them say..

"Bitch please!"

Yes, it is the 'It' couple.

"What the hell do you think you are doing?" Adarsh glares with lipgloss smeared on his lips.

Why do girls do that? Why do they paint their lips so red when they know it is not going to stay on their lips for too long? Is it some deliberate pathetic attempt to mark your man?

"Bitch please?" Ciara pulls me out from my random thoughts. "You dumb?" she asks raising her brow looking more dumber.

'Not more than you' I mumble internally "For my project" I say out loud pointing at my cam in calm controlled manner 'Which you shamelessly pushed me into'

"You out to think twice before you put that picture in your project, Miss Manali" Adarsh threatens taking a step closer towards me.

Something unsettles inside me when he pronounces my name fanning his canines through red gloss smeared lips. Deadly combination. He looks like a vampire. Not the cute ones. The bad ass ones.

Is that all he knows? How to threaten people? Or is there any selfhelp book on that too, I search back of my mind when his dark eyes glower at me.

Before his gaze could give me anymore blisters I give him mild thumbs up leaving him and his dumbass girlfriend to do....whatever.

~~

It's been while since I'm loitering around but there is no sign of Dirty Boyz. Maybe they aren't practising today...a relief spreads over me when I decide to return tomorrow.

As I start back my feet feel heavy with disappointment because no matter how much I deny, I was actually looking forward to see him. In my idleness I drop the cover of my camera and as I stoop to pick it up I hear faint noise coming out of dressing room at the back.

My curiosity takes the best out of me so I turn around to check out the source. As I walk near the room the voice becames more apparent now.

I stop still on my place when I recognize the unmistakable smooth silky falsetto crooning in the room..

"All alone in empty room

Nothing left but memories of when"

I've never heard J sing solo before. He did give back up vocals to Rana but that was about it..backup...his voice got subdued before Rana's high pitched resonating tenor.

The door is slightly ajar where I can see J seated on table strumming his G string..

"I had my best friend..