Chapter 21(Tear Down This Wall)

Start from the beginning

".... Did I interrupt on somethi-"

"Why are you still here!? Get out!" Ram demanded.

The chef let out a giant scoff at Ram's threatening tone and turned to walk out of their room and out into the hallway, not even closing the door on his way out.

After their privacy got intruded by the chef, both Ram and Reinhard got out of bed to get ready for breakfast.

When they were both ready for breakfast. They sat down in the dining room and waited patiently for their food.

The doors of the kitchen swung open and the young inexperienced chef walked out with plates of food in his hand. Ram was just waiting for him to drop it on the floor judging his hard time keeping balance on one the plates.

To Ram's surprise he successfully made it to the table and laid their plates in front of them, they both inspected their food and saw nothing wrong with it at first glance.

One thing Ram did pick up on though was a rotten smell coming from the kitchen.

"Could you tell us what's that devastating smell coming from the kitchen?" Ram said.

"Nothing to worry about. I am just in the middle of cleaning the food storage area. It hasn't been cleaned since I got here"

"You mean you haven't been cleaning it regularly!?"

"I'm cleaning it right now, just be patient." The chef said as he walked off back into the kitchen.

Ram just stared at the kitchen doors and after a couple minutes heard the sound of pots being dropped on the floor.

"Make sure to remind me that I owe a massive apology to Barusu when he shows up," Ram said.

"For what?"

"For quickly calling him the most useless servant in existence. Clearly there is some competition for that title"

"I mean, this chef is quite new to his profession so his mistakes could be a result from lack of experience maybe... So I would like to ask you to give him a chance at least... We don't want to scare off the last servant we have around here, '' Reinhard said.

Almost all of Reinhard's servants had called it quits up to this point. All of them stated the same thing when they left. They couldn't stand Ram and her constant critique of their work. Who would always call them out for leaving giant messes and overall not doing their job properly.

Breakfast went on somewhat normally. Ram and Reinhard couldn't bring themselves to finish their food that tasted very weird. In fact they both only took a couple bites, and called it a day when it came to breakfast.

Ram would rather starve until lunch then eat another bite of the horrible soup she had been served. Each bite felt like she was just ingesting nothing but bacteria.

After breakfast Reinhard took off to attend some very important business. What he needed to do was hand a promotion to a loyal figure in Rams camp.

This decision took much time to make, but it was decided by both Ram and Reinhard that he was worthy of holding such a respectable title,

This position did not come without any competition. The decision was ultimately divided between two individuals, but only one was chosen.

While walking through the busy streets of the capital, Reinhard encountered a silver haired someone that he hasn't talked to or heard much about in a long while.

"Hello Miss Emilia, it has been a while hasn't it"

Emilia stopped walking and turned to look at him "Oh, hi Reinhard. Anything happening"