fifteen

A/N okay another nine thousand miles spin off one shot!! i love them too much i'm sorry. also out of all the one shots i've written this is definitely my favourite. enjoy!

Synopsis: Casey and Izzie find out some astonishing things about their kids' friends

"So what're your plans tonight Dr Gardner?" One of the nurses asked Izzie as they walked down the corridor.

"It's my first half-day in a long time so I'm gonna go pick up my kids from school and Casey from training and then we're gonna go out for dinner," Izzie replied, smiling as she thought about finally being able to spend time with her family. Work has been hectic the last months and Casey's really been exceeding her limits with training schedules.

When Izzie reached the kindergarten, she put her car into park and waited outside, leaning against the hood. She saw a group of children running out to meet their parents but her kids were no where to be seen.

Her phone dinged and she pulled it out to see a text from Casey. It was a picture of her after her workout.

Casey: Getting those GAINZ

Casey: I look so good holy shit

Casey: You're so lucky to be married to me

Izzie chuckled before thinking of a reply. Right then, she heard a familiar voice and she looked up to see her kids running to her.

"Hey guys!" Izzie said cheerfully as they hugged her. Izzie bent down to their height and then looked up to see their teacher, Mrs Whitacker walking towards them.

"Oh hi Mrs Whitacker," Izzie greeted. "Have they been giving you any trouble?"

She laughed before shaking her head. "Not at all. They're a joy to teach. I was hoping to talk to you actually."

Izzie raised her eyebrows. "Oh? Alright."

"I was hoping that you and your wife could come give a talk to the kids next week. About your careers. I know many of them are huge fans of Casey after seeing her at the Olympics. Plus, Megan told the class that you 'cut open people' for a living which really got some of them excited," She explained and Izzie could not help but laugh.

Her mind immediately raced to her schedule and was worried that she had too many surgeries scheduled to make it.

"You don't have to decide now of course. Tell your wife about it first. You have my number!"

Izzie smiled and nodded as Mrs Whitacker walked away.

"Mummy please do it! It would be so cool! You can even cut open some of my friends!" Megan said, tugging on her sleeve. "Baby you know that's not how it works right?"

"And Mum can race all the kids in the playground! It would be so fun!" Declan continued and Izzie sighed. "I have to talk to your mum about it first okay? Come on, we gotta go pick her up."

The kids sat silently at the back as Izzie parked outside Casey's gym. Casey walked up, fresh and showered, with her gym bag slung around her shoulder.

"Hello my three children!" Casey greeted, opening the car door.

"Mum, is Jason there today?" Declan asked as Casey sat down. "Yeah, he trained me today. Why?"

"Can we go see him?" Megan squealed and Casey looked at them in confusion. "Why do y'all wanna see Jason?"

"He let us in the boxing ring the other time. He's so cool!"

"Jason let y'all in the boxing ring? When?"

"Last week. We saw you and mummy going into the shower so we were bored and Jason saw us."