seven

Synopsis: Casey Gardner falls in love with the girl in the cafe

^look at my favourite girls

    It wasn't the first time Casey had seen her. In fact, she's seen her for five days now.

    That particular Friday, the morning was more chilly than usual so Casey made a mental note to bring along a jacket.

    The other thing on her mind as well was the gorgeous cashier at the Starbucks opposite the street.

    Being a track scholar at UCLA meant that she would be up and about in the early hours of the day and the convenience of a Starbucks just opposite her apartment was exactly what she needed. She frequented the cafe almost every morning for her daily dose of caffeine and the all the staff knew her name and her exact order and that even got Casey discounts every once in a while.

    But a few days back on Monday, right when Casey was about to enter the cafe, she noticed a new face behind the counter and she was by far the most gorgeous person Casey had ever laid her eyes on. She was physically unable to open the front door because she felt herself choking at her beauty.

    Even from far, Casey could see the beautiful freckles that dusted her face, the bright smile that she wore and the way her nose scrunched when she laughed at something one of the other staff members said.

    Casey was broken out of her trance when someone behind her had moved in front to open the door, clearly annoyed that she was blocking the way. Casey, too nervous to have the girl take her order, decided to skip her coffee for the day.

    She thought about the cashier for the entire week.

    Today, she finally built up the courage to go to the cafe, not only because she realised that caffeine-less days were hard to cope with, but also because she found herself becoming more and more curious about who this girl was.

    She looked at her phone and saw that she had about 45 minutes until training started, which gave her enough time to sit down at the cafe for her drink. But her nerves didn't allow her to and she figured that just telling the cashier her order would be enough for the day.

    When she stepped into the cafe, she sighed at the feeling of warmth and unzipped her jacket, carrying her bag on one shoulder. She looked up to see that very same girl behind the counter and she seemed to be writing something on a notepad.

    Casey sighed internally before walking to the counter, getting her attention before she looked up.

    "Hi! What can I- oh! It's you!" She exclaimed with a giggle and Casey furrowed her eyebrows in confusion.

    "Sorry it's just... I've been seeing you lurking around the cafe and then avoiding it all week! It was really funny actually," She continued and Casey couldn't help but blush, partly embarrassed and also very happy about how easy-going this girl is.