four

SYNOPSIS: Casey is excited when Izzie agrees to join her family for a beach trip but a third unwanted party ruins the day for her

"Sunscreen, food, blankets, pool noodle..."

"Pool noodle? What are we, five?" Casey scoffed, plopping on the couch in front of Elsa who was checking the bags. "I would like to tell you that you dragged this pool noodle with you everywhere on the beach when you were young," Elsa said, a small smirk forming at the corner of her lips.

"Ugh, gross. Anyways, what time are we leaving? And you packed food for Izzie right?" She asked. "And for Zahid? And Paige? They're coming too," Sam chimed in before Elsa could continue. "Yes, yes, yes. I packed extra food for them. Also-"

"Hellooo ladies and Sam," Zahid greeted, slamming the door open. "Remind me to never drive with her ever again. The woman's crazy!" He exclaimed, pointing at Paige who rolled her eyes. "Road rage Paige makes a comeback. Ask to borrow my bicycle helmet next time you dare to get into a car with her," Casey said, standing up from the couch.

She walked past Zahid and Paige to go to the front door, peeking outside to see if Izzie had arrived.

"Sweetie, be patient. She'll be here soon," Elsa said, making Casey jump a little. "No, I know," Casey mumbled, walking away. She refused to show her mother how excited she was.

The Gardner family made it a point to visit the beach every 6 months or so. Usually, Casey would dread it because she didn't find the beach even the least bit fun and found sitting at home and watching cartoons way more exciting. But when Elsa announced that they were heading down to the beach the week before, Casey immediately thought of Izzie and figured that a day at the beach with her beautiful girlfriend would be amazing. When Elsa had allowed it, Casey immediately sent a text to Izzie while Sam asked for his permission to bring Zahid and Paige along. The moment Izzie replied that she would come, Casey was deciding between swim wear, sunglasses... all the works. She wanted to look good and impress her girlfriend but most importantly, she was excited to see what Izzie would wear.

When Casey heard the bell ring, she rushed forward to open it, ignoring her mother's obvious amusement on her face.

Her eyes lit up when she saw Izzie standing there, mirroring her expression with a pair of sunglasses sitting on her head. Casey closed the door before taking Izzie's face into her hands. "I missed you," Casey whispered before placing her lips on Izzie's. "Missed you too," She replied and was going to go in for another kiss when she noticed three pairs of eyes looking at them from the window.

"I've never seen Casey this whipped before," Zahid said to Sam. "Love changes people," Paige continued and they all nodded in symphony.

"Get out here you losers," Casey said and they grinned before walking out of the house. "Alright, we are all packed and ready to go. Let's go quick before traffic gets bad," Doug said, dragging the pool noodles with him to the car. Izzie and Casey looked at each other before giggling.