five

A/N this is kind of a one shot spin off of nine thousand miles or an epilogue. but you don't need to read that book to understand this one. enjoy! :)

SYNOPSIS: Casey and Izzie just want to celebrate their first wedding anniversary with some time to themselves and for once, they regret ever having kids

Izzie Taylor has had many happy moments in her life. Graduating medical school, seeing the 1975 live in concert, marrying Casey Gardner, and adopting her two wonderful kids Megan and Declan.

Today marked exactly a year since her marriage to Casey, even though it felt like it happened just yesterday. The two girls never dialled down on the romance since they became a married couple and Izzie was confident that their first anniversary would be no different.

There was just one thing the couple agreed on about how they wanted to celebrate their day- no kids. Don't get them wrong, they love their kids, absolutely adore them in fact, and would sacrifice anything in the world for them. But, as expected, parenting is tough and they need a break from the kids every once in a while, especially today.

If you asked Casey what she loves about Megan and Declan, she could go on for hours and hours, talking about how giggly Megan is and how Declan has Izzie's eyes. If you asked Izzie she could go on for days, talking about how Declan is such a gentleman and Megan has Casey's sarcastic and witty humour.

But sometimes they drive the couple absolutely nuts.

So the week before, Casey and Izzie had discussed in secrecy, while the kids were busy watching cartoons, about sending them to Elsa's house on their anniversary. Elsa has thankfully agreed and right now Izzie was preparing them to go over.

"How long will we stay at grandma's?" Megan asked Izzie and she gave her a smile. "Just two days baby."

"Why are you and mum chasing us away?" Declan asked from the side and before Izzie could respond she got a text notification from Casey, who was in the bedroom upstairs.

Casey<3: Are they gone yet???

Casey<3: It's already 12 we're losing time on our special day!

Casey<3: And you looked so good in those shorts when you were making breakfast;)

Izzie blushed at the texts and bit her lip while thinking of a witty reply when she remembered her kids were still in front of her. "Did we make you guys angry?" Megan asked and Izzie put down her phone to bring them into a hug. "No, no, no. Mum and I just have some work to finish and it'll be way too boring for y'all. Grandma has lots of fun things for y'all to do though! You can watch movies and bake pie with her..." Izzie said, zipping their bags.

"IZZIE!" She heard the familiar voice of her wife yell as she ran down the stairs. izzie and the kids looked at her startled while she dragged Izzie to the corner of the room.