three

SYNOPSIS: Izzie tries her best to make Casey's 17th one to remember but luck is most certainly not on her side

Casey's 16th birthday was particularly one to remember. Especially for Izzie. The moment she met Casey, walking around aimlessly during her first day at Clayton, she immediately was attracted to the girl. But Casey's birthday party though... that was when she knew for sure.

    The way it only felt like her and Casey in the world when they moved closer to each other, the way her heart stung when Evan was the one who ended up kissing Casey Gardner that night. That forehead promise... that party itself changed everything.

    And here she was, one year on, sitting at her desk to look through her checklist again. Casey was now spending her last few hours being 16 but Izzie could not afford the time to hang out with her girlfriend that night. She was busy making sure that everything on her checklist had been done and that tomorrow would be perfect.

    One thing Izzie knows for sure is that Casey deserves the world and more. And she wanted to make her girlfriend's 17th birthday as memorable as possible.

    Casey's Birthday Plan

    1. Tell Elsa about coming over for breakfast

    2. Spend the morning watching movies

    3. Picnic for lunch

    4. Get Zahid, Sam and Paige to bring her out to start setting up for party

    5. Slurpee night!!

    6. Hotel

    Izzie looked at the last plan on her list and smiled. It was hard but she had managed to save up money to get her and Casey a hotel room for the night. It meant Izzie having to work jobs together with taking care of her siblings but it was all worth it in the end when she had booked them a nice suite last week. She didn't really know how they would spend their time there but she decided to think about that later.

    A ring on her phone broke her out of her trance. An instant smile appeared on her face when she saw Casey calling her.

    "Heyyyyyy," Her girlfriend started.

    "Hi rat. How has Elsa not taken your phone yet?"

    "We're gonna cut a cake at 12. One year closer to death I guess."

    "A cake? Surprised it's not a pie."

    "Oh trust me, she made lots of pies in the afternoon. Seriously, I cannot take a bite of another pie."

    "Can't blame her. Her sweetie pie is turning 17 in 15 minutes after all."

    "Hmmm yeah, speaking of that... why is my gorgeous girlfriend not here to celebrate with me?"