nine

A/N: this is another "spin off" one shot from my book 'nine thousand miles'. i think i'm emotionally attached to writing them in that book...

Synopsis: It's Izzie's birthday and the birthday sex goes horribly wrong

The first thing Izzie heard was the slow sound of the door creaking open, followed my scared and tiny footsteps. Her eyes slowly opened as she glanced at the clock- 1.04a.m.

She felt the weight of her wife's arm around her and she sighed at the feeling of warmth Casey was giving her. They slept in the exact same position ever since they got together and Izzie wouldn't want it any other way.

The footsteps got closer and Izzie tiredly glanced up to see her daughter Megan standing there with a pout.

"Megan? What's wrong baby?" Izzie asked, her voice still deep in sleep.

"What's happening?" Izzie heard her wife's voice as she pulled Izzie closer and rested her face on Izzie's.

"Mummy... there's a monster under my bed..." Megan said, fiddling with her fingers. "There's no monster, Megan," Izzie sighed but Megan refused to let it go.

"Mummy please... can you come check?"

"She's talking to you," Izzie said to Casey and Casey rolled her eyes. "She was clearly talking to you."

Izzie internally groaned before sitting up to stretch. She got off the bed and smiled at her daughter before picking her up.

"Come on, let's go tell the monster to leave you alone," Izzie said before kissing her on the cheek.

They went to the kids' bedroom which was opposite theirs and the moment Izzie opened the door, she saw Declan sitting down at their tiny arts and crafts table, a plate of pancakes in his hands.

"Happy birthday mummy!" Megan cheered and Izzie gasped. "Oh my God! You guys!" Izzie exclaimed, putting her daughter on the floor before walking towards the table.

The pancake had the words "Happy birthday mummy" written messily on it with icing.

"It's so pretty," Izzie excitedly whispered to them. "Are you guys taking all the credit? I played a part too!" The three turned around to see Casey at the doorway, leaning against the frame and smirking.

"Mum went out to get the pancake batter. And the icing. She also made the pancakes. We just decorated..." Megan said shyly.

Izzie bit her lip and walked towards her wife. "You know you become more and more of a heart throb every day," She muttered, before placing a firm kiss on Casey's lips.

"Ewwww!" Megan and Declan said in unison, reminding them that their kids were still there.

After Izzie ate the pancakes, Casey told the kids to bring the plate down to wash it, giving her some alone time with Izzie.

"I haven't told you happy birthday yet," She whispered, leaning in. "Yeah, you haven't."

"Happy birthday."

"Thank you baby."

"I love you."

"I love you too."

"I love you more."

As the couple continued to talk, they leaned in closer and closer. "Let's go do something fun. Let's go get slurpees now," Casey suggested and Izzie's eyes widened.

"I have work tomorrow Casey," Izzie giggled before resting her face on Casey's chest. "What?! You're going to work on your birthday?" Casey asked, pulling away to meet her eyes. "Mmhmm. I have to be up in a few hours."