"I mean, are you talking to me right now because you want to or because... we're mates and you feel obliged to talk to me?" Taehyung says the last statement in a whisper but Jungkook's hears it.. He feels like something snapped inside his heart by the way Taehyung said that.

"W-Why do you feel like that, Tae? Of course I want to talk to you." Jungkook says, trying to sound convincing but Taehyung shakes his head.

"No! That's not what your actions said a few days ago. You blamed me for Soobin getting kidnapped. Okay, I agree that I might be the one at fault because I'm Soobin's mother and an omega. Omegas are supposed to take care of their pups but I couldn't even do that right. Its obvious that you were m-mad at me. Possibly, you're still mad at me. But... I understand. I failed my duty as a mother and because of this, all of this is happening. I also talked to another alpha and let him touch me. I know everything is my fault and I accept that. You don't have to come here and try to fix things just because you're obliged to since we're mates. I know you're mad at me and you d-don't want me." By the time Taehyung stops talking, he has fat tears streaming down his face.

Jungkook is shocked by the sudden outburst but he cannot blame Taehyung for that. When he calmed down a little a few days ago, he introspected whatever he did and he knows how wrong he was. He has been a complete jerk to his mate.

"Who said I don't want you, Tae?" Jungkook asks, hurt evident in his voice. Taehyung blinks his eyes multiple times to prevent the tears from falling further but he is failing miserably.

Jungkook gets up from his seat and walks towards the younger. He lovingly cups his cheeks and caresses them with utmost care. "You're the only one that I want, love. You're the only one." Jungkook says as he wipes away his tears.

Taehyung sobs. Jungkook bends his head to kiss Taehyung. He wants the omega to know that no matter what happens, he will always be there for him. He wants to say so many things, he wants to tell Taehyung so much. But all that can wait. First, he just feels like he needs to kiss Taehyung so that the action can convey a lot more than his words can.

But as soon as Taehyung realises his husband's intentions, he turns his head to the other side. Jungkook's lips land on the younger's cheek instead. Taehyung sobs and bites his lower lip from making any sound. He does not make an eye contact with the alpha.

Jungkook is hurt by this but he also knows that he deserves it. Jungkook has been a total asshole to his mate and he knows that he deserves any kind of punishment that Taehyung wishes to give him. It seems like the silent treatment he has been getting is one of them.

"J-Jungkook, pl-please don't." Taehyung whispers, still not looking at the alpha. Jungkook just wants Taehyung to look at him while speaking.

"Tae, please listen to me." Jungkook says desperately. He holds the younger's face again and lifts it up so that he can look in Taehyung's eyes. Those beautiful eyes that are teary. They have been teary since a long time. Since the day Soobin got kidnapped, Jungkook cannot remember a time when he did not see water in the eyes of the omega.

"Look, I'm r-really sorry for what I did. I shouldn't have blamed you because... it was not your fault that Soobin got kidnapped. I guess..." Jungkook pauses and takes a deep breath. He kind of feels ashamed of himself.

When he sees Taehyung looking at him attentively, he continues, "I guess, I was just j-jealous. My wolf got mad when he saw you with some other alpha. In his ar-arms actually and you were r-reeking of him. It made me really mad and I was s-so angry that I couldn't think straight. I'm sorry." Jungkook looks down. He does not have the guts to look at Taehyung in the eyes.

"N-No, Jungkook. You had every right to be mad at me. I... An omega is supposed to give b-birth to pups and take care of them. Th-That's the only thing they are expected to do... besides pleasuring their alphas. I f-failed in doing that Jungkook. I failed as a mother and... as a m-mate since I was hugging Junho." Taehyung roughly rubs his eyes. He is so sick of crying all the time but guess he is just that weak.