Stages of Grief

"I'm sorry for the pain I've caused for you and your family," Yuji bowed once more at the now head of Fujiki. Denshi stood there, holding the door with a stunned expression but then it turns stoic, a deep frown on his face.

"Get up, Yuji." His hand reaches out for the first year and the boy gasped at his kind offer. He takes it after looking at it for a moment before being pulled up close to Denshi. He is greeted with a smile.

"This isn't your fault, Yuji. You don't have to feel bad about anything."

"But, Den, I heard about what she had done for me. If it weren't for her, I'd probably be dead. I wouldn't be here and having the opportunity to making friends if it weren't for her and Gojo."

"We don't blame you Yuji. We blame the elders. So, please, wipe those tears away."

Yuji chuckled softly to himself before wiping those tears he mentioned. He came to his porch unnoticed, crying in agony and all Denshi did was stood quietly and calmly. As if he was untouched by his mother's death.

"Are..you guys going to be okay?" He had to ask. Denshi pulled another fake smile only this time Yuji saw right through it. "Don't worry, Yuji. I'm okay."

"Y-You sure?" Please don't hide your emotions, Yuji begged internally. You're not fooling anyone with that look. Please, please, Denshi talk to me.

"Yes." He firmly says but nothing more, resulting in awkward silence. Yuji felt he was overstaying his welcome. After all, he was on the run. He had to keep going until elders spotted him.

"Well..I'll be on my way. Again, I'm sorry."

"It's okay, Yuji. Please, take care of yourself." Denshi didn't give him one final look and instead closed the door right on his face. As soon as he heard his footsteps echoed away, Denshi fell flat against the door with his fingers running through his hair. He's breathing heavily and his face turns sorrowful,

"Oh..Yuji. This wasn't your fault. It never was. It was those bastards, those elders, who took my mother away from me! A-And..I was so useless. I couldn't do anything!"

"Den..?"

Denshi's head shot up and there he saw Mai looking at him before she walks over to where he was sitting.

"Hey..hey, you're alright, come here." She cooed as she knelt beside him and took him in her arms as he wept. She kissed his forehead as he let out his emotions there. As he cried, Mai felt guilt inside of her. She has a bad feeling something like this would happen. From the time Denshi left that hospital bed to the time his mother came to visit.

Now that she thought of it, Eru Fujiki was really saying goodbye to her.

"H-He protected me. Risked his life to save my own," Mai explained as the two women sat outside of the balcony attached to the room Denshi slept in. Eru chuckled,

"Of course, he does. He loves you so much, Mai." She puts a hand over here, "He wouldn't let anyone hurt you. The way he looks at you, I can tell he cares. And I don't know much about the depth of your relationship but I only wish you luck..and I hope you guys can stay together for as long as you can."

Mai smiles, "That's the plan. Honestly, Ms. Fujiki-"

"Eru is fine."

"Eru..I can't see myself being with anyone except for your son. He's all I ever wanted and if we were to take things on a serious note, I'd gladly take it."