Forbidden love

Soulmates don't exist,

At least that's what Mai told herself before.

She gagged at the hopeless romantic obsession Momo has. She doesn't like romantic films or television shows of the sort.

She thought it was all stupid, even the definition of soulmates. The idea of having a strong affinity with someone right away.

But she was wrong, in this moment. After she pecked him on the lips, she never expected the boy to kiss her back and so lovingly.

His hands intertwined with her as he stares at her with so much passion

His hands intertwined with her as he stares at her with so much passion. And she does too with the whole world behind them at a pause.

There's a spiritual connection, a divine grace among the two.

And that's when she can't help but admit that her and Denshi..are soulmates.

Denshi knew right at the beginning. He knew Mai was the one the moment they met and everyday of his life, he always wondered of her.

Soulmates? Love at first sight?

It didn't matter what it was, his intuition told him he had to meet her.

And now after many years, he finally has her.

His hand slides on her cheek and he kisses her some more while the two lay in bed together. He holds her as they exchange more kisses.

They both look mesmerized by one another for what feels like forever. Mai wraps her arms around his neck and then she pops the question.

"So what now?"

They hadn't consider what they would do after their kiss. They hadn't even consider how people react if the Fujiki and Zenin were bundling up.

"I should take you on a date after this." He says so instantly with a small smile,

"As much as I always found a connection, I would love to get to know more of Mai Zenin."

She blushed at his words,

"What would you like to do?"

He almost answers that too but he stops himself. A scheming expression comes to his visage, and he lets out a wink.

"It's a secret~"

--

The two were waved off 'Goodbye' by many people from the town before they entered the train.

For the next three hours, Mai laid her head on his shoulder as he wrapped an arm around her. They basked in each other's company, looking out at the scenery passing by.