*Chapter 13*

The next morning I woke up to an empty tent. I got up and walked out to everyone else standing by a fire. Aida looked kind of sad since she was the only older sibling I had left. I walked over to see if everyone was ready to go.

"Hey" I said
"Hey. You ready?" Bain asked me
"Is everyone else?" Looking towards Aida.

"Yes we are all ready to get this over with." Aida said pushing her way past us

"We need to find a back route to get in."

"There's a tunnel that leads to the basement of the castle." Tyler, one of Bain's friend said

"We've been teleporting all night trying to find different ways in that seems to be the best."

"Okay, lead the way."

We started to walk up the trial, leading up to the house. I didn't really know what to expect when we got to the top but all I could think was saving malaika. Tyler and Leander walked in front of us as Gabriel and Wyatt followed at the end of the group. They seemed to really know what they were doing. It also felt as though Bain had some inferior complex with them since he was new to being a protector but to me he was doing great. He walked right beside me carrying my backpack and if I tripped he was right there to catch me. It really felt as though we were becoming sync with each other. We walked for 2 hours up the hill til we reached the entrance of the tunnel.

"This is where we enter." Gabriel said.

"Are you sure it's safe?" I asked.

"No. But its are only option." He responded opening the entrance.
Tyler and Gabriel went in first to make sure everything was okay. They signaled for us to follow them, Bain and me were the next to go in.

One by one we went in flashlights in hand. It was dark and eerie, I could hear rats squeaking among our feet as we walked through the tunnel. We came to a split at the end of the tunnel.

"Which way do we go?" I asked Bain.

"Left" Bain said.

"Are you sure?" Tyler said.

"Maybe we should split up. I'll take a couple this way and you take the others that way."

"What if something happens." I said nervously

"We're teleporter's, if anything goes wrong teleport out and we'll meet back at camp." Tyler said.

Tyler and Gabriel took Aida and Avery to the left tunnel and Bain, Arabella Aden and I went to the right. We walked along the walls just incase anything jumped from behind us. I was so terrified; all that kept in my mind was if I fail and get us all killed. But I didn't let it show, I kept going as if I knew exactly what I was doing. The tunnel grew smaller and smaller to a point where we had to crawl on our hands and knees. We reached the end of the tunnel where Bain kicked opening off and we all got out. We were inside of the basement of the estate.

"Now what?" Aden said

"We keep going until we find where he is keeping them." Bain said as he grabbed my hand and led me into the dark.

We walked along the halls of the basement but there was nothing. No sign of anything, it was completely empty but seemed like a terrible maze. We walked around for what seemed like hours.

"We are lost!" Aden said stopping and sitting on the floor.

"Keep your voice down and get up!" I said to him.

"There is nothing here Alex." Aden said again.

At that moment a hand grabbed my shoulder. I scram and jumped back.