*Chapter 1*

The year was 2015, my first day of school. I had got a chance of a lifetime to attend the most pristine college in the country, Harvard University. I had been dreaming of this moment my entire life. My major was photography. Capturing pictures was what I did best, my escape from the life I had.

Growing up I had 5 brothers, (Alister Alec, Ace, Aden) and 3 sisters (Aida, Arabella, and Avery) all were known for their looks, talent and love of sports, which was hard to live up to. No one ever recognized me. I was the middle child, Alex. I stayed home on Friday nights studying. I wore the hand me downs. Being invisible for so long was just not what I wanted to do for the rest of my life. So that's why I decided to go to the farthest college I could get into. Harvard University was 3,000 miles away. No one knew me; no one knew my brothers or sisters. No one could pre judge me. They could finally see me for me.

First day of college my body could not stop shaking. I had everything prepared. My books all lined up. Pencils papers notebooks laptop and camera all charged up. First class was Photo 55. My professor, Mr. James Clark. He was a tall slender of a man. He wore black khaki pants. White button up shirts rolled up at the arms and suspenders, which were always blue.

He hunched a bit and when he talked it was as tho he had a slight English accent that was trying to come out but he was holding it in. Mr. Clark would talk for hours and hours about the beauty of black and white photos. For some reason he was so fascinated with old photos but everyone seemed to only be interested in watching the clock for it wasn't the most exciting class to be in. Charlie, a girl who sat next to me was the first to befriend me. We had most of our classes together.

By the time I got to my last class of the day I was so happy. Mrs. Crane was my photo history teacher. She amazed me when she talked the way her words could paint images in your head as though you were actually there. But she wasn't the nicest.

Mrs. Crane was a high end teacher you would say. She wore pencil skirts and a white beaded tops. Her wrist was iced with diamonds. And her wedding ring looked as though it could break a horses back. Every guy dreamed of her and every girl intimidated by her. Because of this the only seats that were available were in the back of the room, along with all the other girls. Some boys even snuck into the class just to see her. She didn't seem to pay any mind to them except for one.

He sat in the back of the room. Most of the time he had his head down as though he was drawing or even asleep at some point. He would pick his head up but only to look at the clock on the wall. I sat behind him so every time he did this I never saw his face. But mrs. Crane would look every time he would as though they were synced together. And every time she did she smiled. But was he smiling back?