*Chapter 12*

I did not sleep a wink that night. I stayed up outside the tents we had pitched up scared that Ace or Alister might attack. I was so confused on how Ace turned on us so fast. We, or at least I, didn't see it coming. All I could think is if I was in over my head to think I can actually defeat Alister.

Bain came out of his tent to sit next to me on the log I sat on. Picking up another log to throw into the fire to keep it alive. He sat there for awhile just looking at the fire with me.

"I know what you must be thinking." I said.
"What"
"That what kind of chosen one must I be if I can't even defeat my brother who only controls one of the elements."

"Trust me. That's not at all what I was thinking. Its not your fault you were hidden from all this." He comforted me.

"I just can't stop thinking of what my mother is going to say to me. Or how she's going to feel when she finds out Ace betrayed us."

"He might be under a spell."
"No. He chose to be with Alister. I could feel his hatred."
Bain just stayed quiet not knowing what to say. I don't think he knew what he was getting himself into when he decided to come along, but I guess he had no choice since he was graced with me.

"So? That marking on your hand, what is it?"
"It's the marking of my group. Fire element's."
"Do all the fire element people have that?"
"No. Just the protectors who will the pyro power."
"I don't know what we're going to do."

"We're going to fight and we're going to be okay."
"Are we? Because just a few days ago my biggest worry was failing a test now my biggest worry is not trying to get killed by whatever that creature was."

"It was pretty cool that how you controlled your air and earth element." Bain said mimicking my movement I did back at the café to split the earth.

"Yeah but I don't even know If I can do that again."
"You can just have to keep practicing more." Bain said.
"You know your brothers and sisters are pretty amazing. Especially Aden, he's got heart in him." Bain said looking towards the tent Aden was sleeping in.

"Yeah, I guess so. I'm just scared that he's going to get himself killed with all that heart."
"Don't worry so much, he'll be fine."

"Do you really think I can do this?" I asked Bain looking directly at him.
"Yes." He said moving closer to me.

As we sat there in silence I could feel him pulling closer to me as if he was leaning in to kiss me. Then a breeze came and I shivered and moved away.

"Oh. Its cold." I said rubbing my arms up and down.
"Here this will help." Bain said putting his arms around me.
I could feel his whole body starting to warm up. It felt like a heater turning on. It felt so good I snuggled up closer to him and closed my eyes.

"Wow your just full of tricks aren't you."
"I figured out how to warm my body up but can't seem to fully turn into flames."
"Is that possible?"
"Yea." Bain said laughing. "Its called Fire Aura."

"Maybe we should get some rest you know we got a long day, and you need to have a clear mind."
We got up and Bain stepped into the fire absorbing the flames. I just stayed looking at him thinking how awesome that must be. He followed me to my tent and zipped it up until I stopped him.

"Your not going to sleep outside of my tent, are you?" I asked him.
"Well I was planning on it but if you don't want me to I could go sleep on that log." He said pointing to the woods.
"NO don't be silly." I said laughing. "You can sleep in here with me."
"You sure?"

"Yes. I mean you better stay on your side but it'll help me sleep knowing that you're not outside on the floor by yourself." I said opening up the tent.

He climbed inside and lay down next to me. I slept on his arm and just wanted to feel like everything was going to be okay. I knew I didn't want anything from him since I had just met him but it was tempting. He was just so gorgeous and handsome.

His arms felt very muscular and I couldn't help but rub them.
"So much for staying on your side of the tent." He said laughing.
I laughed along with him and closed my eyes. I fell asleep quicker than I have in a very long time. I guess having Bain around wasn't going to be such a bad thing.

That night I dreamt of Bain. I dreamt of his arms and his hands holding mine. We were in a garden and it was filled with all white roses with blue edges. It was just he and I being in each other's presence. He leaned in to kiss me and before his lips touched mine I woke up. I heard someone walking around outside. I turned around and Bain was sound asleep.

I opened the tent and saw Alec pacing back and forth. I put my shoes on and went outside. I walked over to where he was at a little nervous. Alec never talked to me, he liked to keep to himself unless he was with his protect Lilia or with my brother Ace. They were like twins inseparable so he was probably upset over him betraying us.

"Alec?" I whispered to him.
"What?" He said with his head down.
"What are you doing?"
"I can't do this Alex. I can't go up against him. He's my brother."
"He's my brother to but"
"It's not the same thing. I grew up with him side by side. I've never been against him or had to fight him. What if we have to kill them?"

"We have to do whats best Alec"
"I can't. I'm leaving, back home. I'm sorry but I can't go in there and kill my brother." He said walking back to the tent.

I didn't stop him, how could I? He was right, what happens if we do have to kill them both? The thought never crossed my mind on what we were going to do when we got up there. I walked back to my tent and crawled in as slowly as possible but Bain was awake.

"Are you going to stop him?" He asked me putting his arms back around me.
"No." I said as I tightly closed my eyes.
I just wanted to sleep and not have to deal with any of this. But for the rest of the morning I didn't sleep just laid there in Bain's arms trying to figure out what I was going to do.