*Chapter 6*

Two weeks had gone by before school started. The rest of my winter break I just stayed in my dorm room. Even though I didn't believe my family I was still afraid.

I went back to campus to get my class schedule. I got all the classes I had requested except for one and that was photo history with Mrs. Crane.

"Oh god." I said to myself as I walked to my first class. I was hoping to never run into her again after what happened but seeing how I failed I guess I had to take her class again. My first class seemed to be pretty easy. Mr. Henley was an old man that walked very slowly and used the old chalkboard. His teaching was having us read 60 pages from the textbook and writing essays.

Which I didn't mind but all I kept thinking of is what happened back home. No matter how hard I tried I couldn't get it out of my head. By the end of the day I was so tired. I got to Mrs. Crane's classroom and there was a note on the door.

CLASS HAS BEEN RESCHEDULED FOR TONIGHT AT 8:00 pm.

Just great now what was I going to do. I walked back to my dorm. My new roommate James was sitting on his bed.

He was a dorky looking person. Always wearing his glasses even though he only needed them to read. His hair combed back and wore nothing but zigzag shirts, which was odd seeing how no one ever wore zigzags, but it went with his demeanor. He was studying to be in the medical field but somehow found time to play video games about an hour a day.

"Hey thought you had class?" he asked me while playing his play station 4.

"It got rescheduled" I said walking across the room to my bed and threw myself on it.
"Rough day?"
"No just a long one" I responded turning to my side and drifted asleep.

I awoke to loud conversations coming from the hall, I looked at my phone and it was 7:58. I jumped up and started to gather my things.

"Why didn't you wake me?" I yelled out but noticed that no one was there. I walked to the door but stopped right as I reached for the handle. Something was telling me not to go, I had such a bad feeling.
"Ugh this is ridiculous Alex just go," I told myself as I forced myself to open the door and go to class.

Usually it took me five minutes to get to class but for some reason it felt as if I was walking in slow motion, every step I took seemed to take a minute. Finally I reached my class. I opened the door slowly and carefully hoping Mrs. Crane wouldn't see me and scorn me for being late on the first day. But when I stepped into class there was no one there. Did I misread the note? I thought to myself as I walked down the steps of the classroom I saw a piece of paper on top of a desk.

At the top left it had a name date and class. It said Nicholas Pena December 17th, 2015, Photo history, but that was my class. Maybe she has two classes I thought to myself. But that was not possible since on the syllabus photo history had one class time. Confused I started to leave until I felt a cold wind. I turned around and their standing at the bottom of the class was Mrs. Crane.

"Oh you scared me Mrs. Crane, I didn't think anyone else was in here." I said with my hand to my heart. She didn't respond. She just stood their looking straight at me. My body started to shake, something was wrong.

"Well I guess I'll just go now" I said as I started heading towards the door. I tried to open it but for some reason it wouldn't open. The light that was emulating from outside started to dim. It was happening again. I heard a laugh. I turned around and Mrs. Crane was gone. I walked towards the front of the stairs and there at the bottom was another exit. I started to go down the steps to the bottom of the class. Then I heard the laugh again. I spun around and still I couldn't see anything. I looked up to the balcony of the class was Mrs. Crane standing on the ledge.

As she stepped off the edge I scram "Mrs. Crane!! Don't!!!" As she fell her body twisted and turned and wings grew from her back. I was so shocked I dove behind her desk. I looked up and she was crawling on the wall. Her bottom half of her body and turned snake like.

"This can not be happening," I said to myself as I started crawling towards the exit. I crawled and crawled through each of the desks in order to reach the exit. Mrs. crane still flying over me reaching for me everytime I crawled to another one. I was so frightened.

As I reached the last desk I wished that Bain was here and in that instant the door flew open and there he was. Coming through throwing fire from his hands.

"Come on" he said as he held Mrs. crane in the upper corner of the ceiling. I ran as fast as I could towards him. We ran out the door and ran down the campus steps. Looking back I saw Mrs. crane, or whatever she was, break through the window. She yelled with an awful sound that made Bain stop. He covered his ears and fell to the floor in pain.

"Come on, we got go." I picked him up and kept running.
"Where do we go?" I asked
"To your dorm room"
"My dorm rooms are you sure!"
"Yes just go!!" He said as we kept running. Mrs. crane still behind us making that awful sound but for some reason it wasn't affecting me only Bain. We reached my dorm building and as Mrs. crane tried to enter she was thrown back and blue lightening shimmered from the building. She made her loud scream and flew away.

"What the hell was that!!!" I said shocked and frightened.
"I shielded your building." Bain said lying on the floor.

"You what? Are you ok?"
"Yeah let's just get up to your room"

We got to my room and my roommate was there. Bain stumbled into the room and fell on my bed.

"Are you guys okay? I could hear her scream from up here," James said.
"What?? You know?" I asked
"Yes. I'm a healer"
"Your a what?"
"Never mind I got to get him healed before its too late"
James opened his closest and walked inside.
"Bring him in here" he called after me.
"Into your closet?" I said picking Bain up.

I walked inside and saw his closet turn into another room.
"What the hell? This is your closet?"
"It's a spell so I can keep my medicine near me incase anyone needs me. Lay him down right here"
I laid Bain down his face now pale white.

"Is he dying?"
"Not yet but he could if I don't get the noise out of his head."
"What? I don't hear anything?"
"When you hear the echidna scream it stays in your head and scrambles your brain. But only for protectors like Bain."

James said as he started to mix liquids together in a jar. He poured the mixture in Bain's ear and let it drain out through the other side. As the liquid came out you could hear the scream as it exited Bain's ear.

"He's going to need some time to heal. So better have a seat and rest."
"Can I ask you what the hell is going on and why things keep chasing me."
"Maybe we should wait till Bain Wakes up. He is your protector."
"My protector? I thought he was protector of all alchemy's?"
James stared at me and sighed.
"Okay I'll tell you what I know"
We came out of the closet and sat on the bed. I was ready now to know what or who I was.