*Chapter 4*

The café we met at was about 2 blocks away from my house. I sat at a table in the corner waiting for Bain to come. I was actually pretty nervous because I had no idea what even happened or what to even ask him or would he remember me. I looked towards the door and there he was. Wearing his same hoodie from the other night.
"Hi" I said
"Hello." He replied
He sat down across from me and pulled his head. His hair wet looking as if he just got out the shower. He sneezed into a tissue and whipped his nose.
"You sick?" I asked
"No. Just allergies." He replied

We both just sat there starring at each other. I felt kind of awkward since I was the one who asked him their. The waitress came over and asked us for our drink order.
"I'll have a hot chocolate," I said
"I'll have the same" Bain replied. "So you brought me here just to stare at my good looks?"
"No. I wanted to ask you about last night"
"What about it?"
"I don't really remember. Do you?"
"Well you probably don't remember because you drank a whole bottle of goose!" Bain said laughing
"I did? Do you remember me leaving with my friend Malaika?"
"No" he said looking away to skim the room as though he was looking for someone.
"Are you sure? Because I woke up this morning and she was gone. There was a note from her but that's just so unlike her."
"I'm sure she's fine"
"But you're positive you didn't see anything?"
"No." His voice a little more stern
"I only ask because I had this dream that she was hurt and I have no idea if it was real or..."

And in mid sentence Bain stood up and headed to the door. I followed him out the door.
"Hey! Where are you going?"
"I have to go I don't have time for this."
"Time for what? Did I say something wrong?"
"Look you had a couple of drinks passed out end of story."
"Then why does it feel like your hiding something from me.??"
"Because it's almost night and you got to go home."
"Night? It's only 5:30!"
"Just go home!! I'm sure your friend is okay just leave me alone and do me a favor?"
"What"
"Stay home at night!" He said as he flung his hood on and walked away.

I was more confused then ever. I walked home thinking what was a real and what I made up. It all just seemed real to me. And I could still feel the sting of the water on my skin. As I was walking home I noticed all the streetlights flickering.

Which was unusual on my side of town since it was lit up as if it were daytime. I started to walk faster down the street. I stopped as I reached the entrance to the tunnel that led to my house. The tunnel was under neath the railroads that had been closed for years but the tunnel looked brand new since the community had it cleaned once a month. It had bright blue bricks that led all the way down. At the end of the other side of the tunnel was a shadow figure.

"Hello" I called out.
They didn't answer. I couldn't make out the figure. But it seemed to just be starring straight at me.

As I started to walk back I noticed the streetlights were turning off. One by one as the darkness came closer to me. I didn't know what to do. As I looked back towards the tunnel the figure was gone.

I started to run towards the tunnel. Sprinting I was almost at the end when I felt my body be thrown up against the wall. My body hit the bricks so hard I lost my breath. I could hear snarling.
"HELP!! HELP!!!" I started to yell out.

I saw my house lights turn on. The gates were just down the street. I started to run again and once my body was thrown to the floor. I was on my back and the looked up and saw the figure. It came into the light that was emulating from my house and it was the same man who had shot malaika! I tried to get up and run but he tackled me down and held me down.

"Help me! Please!" I scram my loudest as he got on top of me.

He held my arms down as he came close to me. He sniffed me and started to laugh. He looked me in my eyes and I saw his turn pitch black. I started to scream and his mouth opened wide. He had fangs, sharper than a knife. I knew I was going to die so I closed my eyes and for some reason I thought of Bain.

Suddenly I felt my body be dragged. I opened my eyes and the guy was on the floor. I looked around and there he was, Bain standing by me.
"Are you okay?" He asked me while picking me up. Bain looked back and the man was crawling towards us fast.

"Run!" Bain yelled. I started to run as fast as I could.

I could hear Bain and the man fighting. I knew I should help. I stopped and ran back. As I got their Bain was on the floor and the man was on top of him holding a knife to his throat.

"GO!" Bain yelled to me.

The man looked up to me and flew at me I closed my eyes turn my head and my hands flew up. White light came from my hands and threw the shadow against the wall. I opened my eyes and was shocked at what I had done. I looked to Bain who was also in shock. Then Bain with a swoop of his hand came fire flying out as if it was created from inside, and killed the man. I was in so much shock I fainted.