"I want you to wake up, baby. But I want you to rest as much as you want. Your dad said you should r-rest well so that when you wake up... you're h-healthy and completely okay." Taehyung smiles, his eyes observing the rise and fall of Soobin's chest which is an indication that his son is at least alive.

Talking to Soobin in this condition is really hard for him but it also relaxes him. At least it helps him realise that Soobin is right here with him even if he isn't talking to him or anything. The well being of the baby is the most important thing for him.

After a few minutes of silence, the alarm Taehyung had set on his phone earlier goes off. A smile adorns Taehyung's face as he looks at the time.

It's the midnight of 5th December.

It's Soobin's first birthday.

Finally.

"Happy birthday, baby!" Taehyung wishes his son and bends down to peck his forehead. The door of the room opens further from the ajar position soon and Seokjin, Hoseok, Yoongi, Jimin, Namjoon and Jungkook walk inside. Jongho enters at last with a beautifully decorated strawberry cake in his hand. He remembers Soobin eating all his strawberry pastries once because he liked it so much.

Taehyung moves back as everyone goes near Soobin and wishes the little one a happy birthday. They are really sad, specially Taehyung and Jungkook. They did not want to celebrate Soobin's first birthday like this when he is in a coma. But still it's the little baby's first birthday and he can still hear what's going on around him in the state of coma so they should at least wish the baby.

Everyone says sweet words to Soobin and they pray that the little alpha wakes up soon and ends the misery of his parents.

"Okay, we're going to cut Soobin's favourite cake now. Binie, you want the cake, right? Wake up soon and we will eat a lot of cake." Jongho says softly to the baby and pecks his cheeks on both the sides.

"Jungkook and Taehyung, the two of you should cut the cake." Jimin says. Taehyung gulps due to nervousness. He has not talked to Jungkook these days. He did not even go near him. How is he going to manage staying so close to the alpha right now?

"I-Is it really necessary?" Taehyung asks. He has been so alone these past days that it's weird for him to be in the same room with so many people even if these people are his friends and family.

"Of course, Tae. A child's first birthday is a very important day in their life and also in the lives of his parents." Seokjin says.

"Do it for Soobin, Tae." Namjoon says, squeezing the omega's shoulder, a non-verbal way of telling the younger than he's here for him.

"You're really strong, Tae. You too, Jungkook. Do it for Soobin." Yoongi says patting the true blood's back. He knows that things are not exactly at their best between Jungkook and Taehyung. Their relationship is at a difficult stage right now.

"Come on, Kook. Be quick and come here. Jongho gave me this big ass cake to hold while he was talking to Soobin and my hands fucking hurt." Hoseok groans. Everyone's eyes widen at his words.

"HYUNG!" Jungkook and Taehyung scream at him at the same time. Hoseok looks at him in confusion while the couple glares at him. The others have a hard time controlling their laughter.

"W-What? What did I do?" Hoseok asks, still not understanding the situation.

"You don't curse in front of a child. You can't do that. You just can't. Not near my baby. Or anyone else's too." Jungkook says and Hoseok realises his mistake. A small smile tugs at Taehyung's lips remembering the time when Jungkook had cursed in front of Soobin and he got mad at him. Jongho feels proud of himself for teaching his hyung a lesson.