𝟚𝟞

I wake up hearing soft knocks on my door then a creak.

"Princess?" The same girl from yesterday came in. "Your breakfast is ready, your lady-in-waiting, aria, is not here yet."

"What time is it?" I mumble.

"The same time you used to wake up when you stayed here? Ahem..sorry it's 7 AM."

"It's so early" I mumbled.

"Oh uh-...would you want me to get one of the maids to clean the basement?"

I snapped out of my sleepy haze after hearing that sentence.
"No, there is no need."

"Alright, princess." She curtsied, making her way out the door, thinking I fully woke up and am now back to my "real" personality.

I remained lying down on the mattress thinking about what could be happening with navier right now since I haven't read that part after I died and everything. I shook my head and decided not to think about it since I was sure whatever would happen she could handle it, or heinrey would.

I got off my bed and decided I'd fake a personality to maybe get at least a few people to not be too overly be against me becoming empress. It won't suddenly make them love and respect me, but we can always start early.

I got changed and walked downstairs to the dining room.

I walked into the room and there was a long rectangular table with only one chair on one end and food on the plate.

It looked so lonely? I sat on the chair and started eating. There were a few maids in the room waiting to take my plates when I would finish.

Near my chair was a rack with a newspaper. I picked it up and read while eating.

"The fire has finally settled down. witnesses say they saw hooded people wearing odd clothing, they addressed themselves as sovieshu's guests. The living victims of this fire claim those you passed chose "It was sovieshu!" as their last words. The emperor suspects a gang sent from the western empire as revenge for keeping their dear emperor "hostage". People presume a war will be announced against the western empire but in our conditions it's highly not likely to happen very soon.
Among the many corpses, the few with noticeable faces was, Melissa the
former lady-in-waiting for princess y/n she was found in the halls with-"

I had finished eating. I closed the newspaper and placed it back on the rack before leaving.

I made my way to the basement, where rashta was. The door hardly made a noise, I walked down the stairs, my gloved hands placed together in front of me, interlocking.

The fire was crackling, rats squealing, and the worst of all...the room reeked of the smell of rashta.

I stopped right in front of her.

I notice she hasn't touched the bread and she wasn't moving. I don't bother shooing the mice away from eating her bread. If she wouldn't eat it then they could have it. I mean they are equals here.

Such a wasteful rat, she is.

"wake up." I said sternly.

"Huh!" She yelled, looking around.

"Your screams truly are both irritable and amusing in certain ways."

She glared at me,

"You are lucky I need you alive," I looked around the room, clearly not a single other person in sight and stood up straight, stretching the column of my neck. Despite being at a loss for words her heart is loud with fright.
She looks down as if in careful thought for her next words. And when she opened her mouth to speak I merely heard a light squeak and stutter before she shut it back. "What is it." I told, furrowing my brows at the disgusting odors coming from her.
"I-I-I-I don't u-u-understand." She starts and I could tell by her tone of voice she'd start her little rants.