𝟙𝟙

the next day
at sovieshu's office

I was standing beside navier while she was talking to sovieshu.

I told navier I would come with her cause sovieshu is a stubborn bitch and she might need help with that but thats just half of it the other is cause I have nothing else to do

"Please commute viscount landre's sentence and banish him instead." navier said

"That is something you should stay out of" he replied

"Your majesty-"

"I also feel uneasy about it, but rashta is pregnant with my child right now. even if the viscount didnt intend to, he almost killed my child."

"Dont you care about why the viscount did what he did?"

"What matters to me is that my child almost died. So if you're here to argue with me about that, you should leave"

"Fine, I'll deal with the matter that Viscount Landre investigated separately in that case." navier sighed

"What are you talking about What do you mean you will deal with Viscount Landre's investigation separately?"

"This is a separate matter from the incident that posed a threat to your child's life." navier turned around slowly walking away still looking at sovieshu

"Your Majesty should deal with Viscount Landre according to the law"

"And I'll deal with rashta according to the law."

"What do you mean you'll deal with her according to the law? With what evidence?"

"I have a report detailing her actions. and just so you know, the law states that the punishment for what rashta did, which is tarnishing the reputation of a member of high society by spreading false information...is receiving lashes after being tied up."

"I know you despise rashta but how can you side with someone who attempted murder?"

"I suppose in the same way your majesty can side with someone who tried to ruin someone's life with false information."

"EMPRESS!!" he screamed banging his hand on the table

"Do you not feel sympathy for others? I do. that's why I'm trying to save Viscount Landre. May I also ask you a question? Is sympathy the only thing you feel for rashta?"

"What?"

"You constantly tell me I should feel sorry for rashta."

"I'll do it in one condition. you said you had a report of her actions. give it to me."

"I'll give it after Viscount has been banished"

I give sovieshu the middle finger before leaving his office alongside navier

"I'll be in my room." I said running away to my quarters "I almost forgot she's going to be with heinrey later." I sighed

✰°࿐

I woke up feeling someone poke my cheek.

"Lady y/n, wake up," melissa said, resuming the stabbing at my cheek. "It's already the afternoon princess."