The Great Guardian

*Ding*

I opened the door to the Dupain-Cheng bakery and the smell of freshly baked pastries greeted me. I inhaled it and let out a pleased sigh. "Mmm..." I said, smiling.

"Good afternoon, Mrs. and Mr. Dupain-Cheng!" I said to Marinette's parents. They were both busing running around looking for something.

"Hello, Yin!" Mrs. Dupain-Cheng said.

"Uh, Marinette is up in her room," said Mr. Dupain-Cheng. "Would you mind going up yourself? We seem to have lost something extremely important."

"No problem, sir. I hope you find what you're looking for!" I told them before closing the door and running up the stairs.

I was quite excited to get my hands on the book and discover the other miraculous's before we have to return it to Master Fu.

"Hello? Marinette?" I asked, opening the hatch to her room.

"Up here!" I hear a voice call.

I climb up to Marinette's balcony. She and Tikki were looking through the book.

"Yin, the book's all written in code! I can't understand anything!" Exclaimed Marinette, passing the book to me.

Tikki flew up and sat on my shoulder to look through the book with me. But she suddenly shivered and landed on Marinette's head instead.

"Is there something wrong?" I asked Tikki.

"No, I just...felt as if someone was glaring at me..." Tikki's gaze dropped down to my bottle bag, and I give it a questioning look. Did Hedwig do something?

I shake away the thought as I scanned the pages of the book. "Is this information important, Tikki? You seemed to really want this book."

"Yes, it's invaluable!" Answered Tikki, flying up to me again.

"But it's all written in code!" Said a confused Marinette.

"I know someone who can decipher the code!" Said Tikki. "And he's been looking for this book for a really long time!"

"So...what exactly is so special about the book?" Asked Marinette.

"It contains all the secrets of the miraculous powers!" Explained Tikki. "It's sacred and extremely dangerous in the wrong hands! The person I mentioned earlier needs it back, urgently!"

"Tikki, I still don't understand. Please just tell me who this person is!" Pleaded Marinette.

Tikki took a deep breath. "The Great Guardian. And i think the time has come for you two to finally meet him."

********

Marinette and I walked into a familiar clinic filled with ancient Chinese décor. Marinette slowly brought her hand up to the door, but didn't knock.

She looked at me for approval, and I nodded at her. With a bit more assurance, Marinette knocked on the door.

It swung open.

Inside, an old man was sitting on a mattress in the middle of the room. It seems that we have interrupted his meditation session. 

He looked up at us and smiled. "I've been waiting for you're arrival."

********

*End of book one*

The Christmas special is out and so is book two!

Also, if u liked the chap, pls vote :D Ur one small action helps alot <3

 Word count: 444