Copycat

"Still! Can you believe the akuma happened right in our school? I got to film everything!"

"Alya, I don't know how much longer I can bear your talk about akuma villains. You've been talking about them since Stoneheart. They should be normal by now! But every time there is one, you act like humans have found aliens on mars!" I complained.

"Like I love you and all, but I am not sacrificing my hearing for this friendship."

Marinette giggled when she saw Alya give a small pout. "Alya, what she means is that less talking and more planning for the unveiling ceremony."

The student of Françoise Dupont High School were instructed to plan the unveiling of a statue of Ladybug and Chat Noir that was craved by one of the school's students, Theo, I think. The show never stated that he went to the same school as the main characters, so I was surprised the first time I saw him here.

"Okay...But-!"

"Yes, I know. Congrats on your first one million views, Alya."

********

The statue unveiling is today, and even the mayor has attended. Probably forced- I mean convinced by his angelic daughter, Chloe.

I heard she was trying to impress everyone and get someone to be her new slave- I mean best friend after Sabrina left her. Gosh, I keep stumbling up my words today.

Anyways, I was standing next to Alya, waiting for the reveal. My friend, as always, had her phone out to film everything for her Ladyblog.

On my other side was the one and only Chat Noir, making pick-up lines at me every so often.

Now the only hero that hasn't arrived is Ladybug. Marinette had already left over ten, minutes ago, so where is she?

Theo, the sculptor of the statue, was pacing around it worriedly. I would too of I put my blood, sweat and tears into something for someone just for that certain someone not to come and see it.

"Perhaps the ceremony should commence, it might bring Ladybug here faster," suggested the impatient mayor. Like father like daughter.

"Please, just one minute more, Mayor Bourgeois. She's going to come, I can feel it."

"Fine, one minute. Let's hope your feeling is correct."

Hurry up, Ladybug.

********

"Unveil the sculpture!"

One minute was given and it's up now. Poor Theo. I'm going to have a talk with Marinette once I see her.

While the crowd cheered for Theo and his amazing sculpture, Chat Noir had a small complaint.

"This statue is amazing! One thing is slightly off though, I'm actually way taller than Ladybug," he said.

Theo didn't hear him. "Ladybug didn't show up...I failed my goal, I wanted to show my gratitude towards her for saving Paris..."

"Wow," I said. "That's deep. You have a crush on her or something?"

Theo's head turned into a strawberry "What? Of course not!"

"Yeah, sure. But regardless, even if Ladybug didn't come, I'm sure she'll see your sculptor and be impressed," I said, attempting to comfort him. "I mean you even got Chat Noir's annoying face on point!"

"Hey! What's that supposed to mean, Silver?"

"Silver? Isn't your name Yin?" Asked Theo.

"You know my name?"