Forest child

Lads I was just having so much fun singing and then my sister interrupts me to play a joke (an unfunny one) on me :|

Tws: being lost,

Fluff :D ( I've been forgetting to mark the type of chapter)

------------------------------------

Techno pov:

I was wandering around the forest looking for one of my dogs that had escaped earlier today. It wasn't a big deal that she got out but I also didn't want her to die out here.

I whistled for her and called her name, something ran into what sounded like a bush in the distance so of course, I followed the sound.

I found the bush, it was obvious something was hiding in it because the branches kept moving. I crouched down and held out my hand beckoning my dog to come out.

"C'mon out girl, it's ok I have food for you." I shook the food bag. Two glowing red and green eyes blinked open and peered at me, "Oh, you're definitely not my dog."

The thing shook its head. "Uh, do you want to come out? I won't hurt you, are you lost? Do you have parents?"

The creature thought for a moment before exiting its hiding place. "Woah, what are you?"

They shrugged.

Interesting, they look part enderman.

"Are you cold? You look cold" They nodded slightly. I unbuckled my cape and carefully draped it over their shoulders.

"Do you have a house? Or parents?"

They shrugged once more.

I thought about what I should do with them, "Huh, do you want to come to my cabin until I find out what to do with you? I promise I won't kill you or anything."

They nodded quickly.

On our way back I asked many questions and in return received mainly shrugs and head shakes although there would be a nod here and there.

One back at the cabin I gave them some food and a piece of paper to write their name on.

They messily scribbled out the word Ranboo on their paper in enderman, luckily I can read ender.

I gave the kid some new clothes I had leftover from when Tommy was a child, their old ones were ruined from living in the wild for who knows how long.

Third pov:

The two sat on the couch, Ranboo was wrapped in blankets and happily eating a cookie Techno gave them. "So," Techno broke the silence, "Do you know ESL?" Ranboo turned their head to the side and made a confused face. "Enderman sign language? I'll take that as you don't. Another question, can you talk." Ranboo nodded, he grabbed the piece of paper from earlier and scribbled down, in English, "I can talk prefer to not because only speak ender and no one understands."

Techno read it and laughed, "When I was a kid growin' up I taught myself every non-human language there is, I never thought it would come in handy though," He said, in enderman.

Ranboo beamed, "You can speak to me! Woah! I've never met anyone else besides other enderman who can speak it! You're so cool! Oh, I just realized I never asked your name! What's your name?" they responded in their language.

"Technoblade, but you can call me Techno."

The two continued chatting for a while.

A few minutes in Techno took note of how expressive the child was with their hands and then quickly realized they had paws.

The voices, which were now making their first appearance of the day, erupted in many awws, Techno couldn't help but aww himself.

A while later the door opened and Phil walked in.

"Who is that and why is it in your house" is the first thing he asked.

"Hello to you as well," Techno said rolling his eyes, "And that" Techno pauses, he turns to Ranboo, "What are your pronouns?" He whispers to the child. Ranboo shrugs, "Does they slash them sound good?" He asks, Ranboo nods. "That is Ranboo. I found them in the forest and kidnapped them, is it considered kidnapping if they're an orphan? I don't know, but until further notice, they're staying here." He says proudly.

"You're not gonna, you know," Phil makes a slicing motion towards his neck and pretends to die.

Techno gasps, "Philza, I would never do such a thing. Especially not to this child, just look at them," he picks up Ranboos's hand and shows Phil. "They have paws!" Ranboo smiles awkwardly not knowing what was going on.

"Well then hello Ranboo," Phil chirps

"What did he say?" Ranboo asks Techno,

"He said hello" Techno responded pondering how long he would need to be a translater, and then how long it would take to teach Ranboo English.

Phil left a few hours later.

(Reminder that when they talk to each other in this chapter its in ender)

"Who is he?" Ranboo asks once the door closes

Techno laughs realizing he never told Ranboo who Phil was, "That's Philza, he's my dad. He's not important though he won't be around much longer." he laughs even louder at the shock on the child's face, "To clarify that last part was a joke."

"Do I have a dad?" Ranboo questioned.

"I have no idea, I met you just a few hours ago I know nothing about where you came from other than the fact you were in the woods," Techno responded lightheartedly

"Oh yeah, sorry I forgot." They said yawning at the end.

"It's alright kiddo, you seem tired, I think it's time for bed it is pretty late out."

Ranboo nodded, they stood up and began walking to the door. "Goodbye! Thank you for having me!"

"You're not leaving kid, you're stayin' here. Now c'mon you can sleep in my room I don't want anything happening to you, now c'mon I'll tuck you in."

Ranboo was shocked but followed the pigman.

"Good night Techno!" He exclaimed as he climbed into the bed and was tucked in

"Good night Ranboo" he responded with a smile before disappearing down the ladder.

----------

1149 words (including both A.N.s)

Hi hello this is the final (probably) origin story I will have for how Ranboo ended up with Techno

Adoption: Obviously the chapters where Techno adopts them, and their current age (18 as of 11/7/21)

Given away: "Frail much like a twig" chapter where Ranboos mom gives them to techno when they are baby, baby boo 1-5)

Rescued: This one, where Techno finds them in the forest and takes them in, 6-13 (they're around 8 in this chapter)

If it's relevant at the start of chapters from here on I'll mark which origin the chapters take place in

Another thing, all of these one-shots (unless otherwise stated) take place in the dsmp but not everything is the same like ages, lore, relationships, etc etc.

Anyway, drop some headcanons in the comments I'd love to read them --->

As always, love you guys /p <3