Slipping through my fingers

More angst <3

I've been really excited to write this

Tw: abandonment, betrayal, sh, suicidal thought, blood

----------------------------

Techno pov:
The two of us had gone on a stroll, it was the first time I had seen and or talked to ranboo in a few days. He has been home less and less over the last month, I didn't know where he had been going, I never bothered to ask. Of course, I missed Ranboos company, but he had more important stuff to do than being confined to his room in this biome away from everyone else. The younger was mindlessly talking to everyone and no one at the same time. Ocasinuly in the past Ranboo would bring up Tubbo here and there but now the government was the only thing that he would talk about. Adventures they went on, conversations they had, arguments they had, plans for the future, Michael. Michael was the only topic I had any interest in, apparently, he found him alone in the nether and brought him home with the help of a few friends. What a way to spend valentines day, rescuing an orphan.

You did the same thing
You say that as if you did something on valentines day
/rainbowchat
I hate valentines day
E
Kill him
Kill Michael and Tubbo, then you'll have your son back
You're being replaced, that's the cost for getting attached Blade
Blood for the blood god
Hah the Blade is being replaced yet again
EEEEEEEEEE
Kill him kill them all
Blood, blood, blood
Kill Tubbo, kill the government
Kill Tubbo! Get your son back, he won't have to know it was you
Get rid of the government
Youre being replaced
Kill Tubbo
Kill Ranboo

Third pov:
The voices chanted inside his head, most demanding for him to kill Tubbo. He hated it, but it had been considered. Why couldn't he just be happy for Ranboo? He squeezed his eyes shut and tried to drown out the voices. They only got louder, all of them demanding blood, Tubbos blood, maybe Michaels, at times even Ranboos blood. "Shut up shut up shut up!" He whisper shouted to himself clenching his hair and almost ripping it out of his skull. He could hear only 3 things; the voices, louder than anything else, his heartbeat he could feel it pounding faster and faster the louder the voices got, and Ranboo, going on about Tubbo and how great of a friend he was.

"SHUT UP!" Techno yelled, to everyone and everything. Mainly at himself and Ranboo, then he did something he would regret for the rest of his life. He directed his anger at his son, "SHUT UP! You don't ever shut about about fucking Tubbo! It's always Tubbo this Tubbo that. On and on about how GREAT Tubbo is! God if you love the kid so much why don't you fucking MARRY him for god's sake!" He stared Ranboo in the eyes, piercing into his soul. Ranboo flinched when Techno yelled, obviously not expecting it. His whole body trembled once he realized it was aimed at him. Technos' eyes moved from Ranboo's terrified ones to the shiny thing on his horn, a ring, more specifically a wedding ring. He scoffed, "Seems like you already did. God, I'm a fucking idiot. The cycle repeats itself, and every time it's because of Tubbo. Funny little thing isn't it, one child, one government, is able to rip the few things I love away from me without even trying. First Tommy, now you, my own son. Again I'm replaced. I shouldn't have gotten attached to you, I should've known I was being replaced. I should've listened to the voices when they told me you were bad news, they told me you would replace me. I should've seen it coming."

He allowed the hot tears to stream from his eyes and drip down his cheeks. "I want you out of my house Ranboo, pack your stuff and go to your new home with Tubbo and Michael. You have until the end of the week. And I want the adoption papers burned." He turned on his heel and ran, not home, he ran into the forest. He ran and ran and ran until his legs gave out beneath him. No footsteps followed behind him, when he was sure he was alone he broke down. His hands balled into fists, sharp nails digging into his skin causing blood to drip out and onto the white snow underneath him staining it red. Red like his eyes, red like blood, red like his cape, red like ra- he stopped himself before he could finish that thought. The last person he wanted to think about was Ranboo. His nails dug deeper into his skin, more and more blood dripping out. He couldnt give two shits about himself. The voices chanted,

Blood for the blood god
Kill him, kill them both
It was bound to happen
You shouldve seen this coming
This is your fault
If you had been better this wouldnt have happened lol
Your fault
Your fault
Your fault
Blood
Blood for the blood god
Kill them
Kill Ranboo
Ranboos life would be better if you didnt enter it
Everybodies life would be better without you in it

They were right, this was his fault, if he had been better he wouldnt be betrayed, it was bound to happen, he shouldve seen it coming, Ranboos life would be better if he never met him. He sat, sat and cried. Why? Why did he cry, he deserved this, after all Ranboos life would be better now that he had taken himself out of it. He erased himself from the narrative, he wished he never entered the story, Ranboos story would be better if Technoblade wasnt a character in it. At the end of the day he wasn't upset at Ranboo. He forgave him. He wished the best for him, he hoped that he would go forth and heal from this wound. Although Techno knew he wouldnt, he couldnt heal.

Ranboo pov:

I stood trembling in the snow, that had all happened so quickly, too quickly. Did he mean all of that? Am I really that annoying, I didnt even relise I talked that much about Tubbo. I knew he didnt like Tubbo why would I talk about Tubbo around dad, no, not dad, he disowned me, around Techno. Should I go after him? No, he needed some space. I should go home, no, not home, that wasnt my home anymore, I had been kicked out. I walked to the cottage, taking in the senary one last time, probably, most likely for the last time. I went to my room, no, not my room anymore. I took all my stuff, yes, still my stuff. I took my stuff and put it all in my inventory, carefully taking posters, pictures, pictures of us, I wanted those, and decor off my wall. Once the room was bare of everything I owned I sorted through it.

God apple, Techno's.. Crown, Techno's. Emerald earring, Techno's. Gifts, Techno's. Small hand sewn pig stuffed animal, Techno's. Old weapons unused until handed down, Techno's.

I gently put all of the listed items into a box. I pulled out a book and quil and wrote.

Technoblade,

I am truely sorry for wronging you, you dont deserve this. I shouldnt have spoken about Tubbo around you, I know your history and with that information I shouldnt have been a constant reminder. I am forever grateful that you took me in when I needed it most, in my time of need you gave me everything and more. In your time of need I hurt you, I left you for a month. Today I noticed you looke worse, your state has declined since I left you, and instead of helping you and talking to you about it I brough up something, somebody who made you feel even worse. I didnt relise your voices get louder everytime you hear his name. I was so oblivious, I regret that so deeply. I owe you my life Technoblade, you didnt need to take care of me, but never the less you did, and I betrayed you. I'm so so so sorry I hurt you.

Ranboo

Through that whole letter only two errors were made. When I addressed da- Techno in the beginning I wrote dad and when I signed my name at the end I wrote your son.

Techno pov:

When I finally decided to go home I was met with a box and a letter on my kitchen table. I couldnt look at them. I placed the book inside the box and sealed it up. Perhaps I would reopen it in the future, but not now, now was too early, the wounds were too fresh. Instead I put the box inside of his old room and sealed the entrance with the same blocks as the walls around it. Sealing away any part of Ranboo I had left. Hoping in a few years he would be a distant memory. After all I never die, I have all the time in the world to move on.

------------------

No happy endings for you

Love you guys <3