Frail, much like a twig

I like this chapter a lot

Enjoy some fluff you deserve it

Tws: Abandonment (for a good reason)

———————————————————
Ranboos mom pov:

I hated doing this, I truely did, abandoning my child would leave a void in my heart. But I knew he would be in good hands. I wrapped my little baby in a blanket, he was silent, laying peacefully his eyes shut and breathing slow and quiet, sleeping. I put the bundle in a basket and placed it next to me as I wrote a letter, a letter that would one day explain to my baby why they were abandoned at such a young age to this random person who most likely didnt rember me. I took in a deep breath and pressed my quil to the paper,

Dear technoblade

Old acquaintance, I doubt you remember me but I remember you perfectly, you and Philza once helped save my city from the dragon which kept us confined to that realm. From then I left, found my lover and had a child, but the egg left behind from the dragon hatched. At first my people thought I would be docile, but it was not. The dragon grew faster than we imagined in a week, it was full grown and ruling our realm once more. I managed to escape and come here, my lover was killed by the dragon because he was a different species, from a different realm, and I am not fit to raise a child in that condition and especially not on my own. So I brought him here, I trust you will care for him and love him just as I do. Abandoning my baby brings me immense pain, but I know it is for the better, here in the overworld he will be free to do whatever he wants, be whatever he wants, love whoever he desires. I know you will be a better parent than I couldve been. I saw how you looked at the younglings when you saved my realm, that look is forever etched in my mind. They owed you their life, and the look you gave them was not one of pity, it was one of understanding. It showed you knew what their pain felt like, having everything you loved ripped away from you, as if it never existed. Those children grew up and told stories of you to their children. I know that because I was one of those children. Thank you Technoblade for everything you did and will do for me. I owe you my life and wish you the best of luck. When my baby grows up I hope he knows how much I loved him, and I did this for his well being. Please let him know how much he meant to his parents.

- an old acquaintance, perhaps in another life we could've been friends

I looked over the note once more, placing it next to my child along with a chorus fruit and a purple allium. It had been given to me by my lover when they crossed through the overworld they brought it as a gift.

I tossed a black cloak over my shoulders and crept out of my house. It was night, well, it was always night here, but this was the time when everyone was asleep. Including the dragon. I crept over to the portal in the center of our island, still lit from when we were saved the first time. I clutched my child close to my chest and hopped in. From there I journeyed across the overworld praying my map would lead me in the correct direction. Eventually I made it to my destination, I harshly knocked on the door and teleported to a place where I could see the door but also not be seen.

Techno pov:

I was knocked out of my thoughts by a knock at my door, I unsheathed my sword and opened the door. Nobody was there, I looked around seeing if this was some joke played by another member of the smp. I looked down there lie a basket, a letter taped a top it. I picked up the letter and read it. My heart shattered reading it, that was rare, I almost never felt pain or sympathy. I looked around and saw a purple blur in the distance. Moving my glasses from my head to the bringe of my nose my vision cleared and it revealed a woman in the distance. Enderman hybrid, she looked familiar. Then I remembered who she was, when I freed the end she was most grateful. She knew what that meant, and although she was the youngest of the hybrids she was certainly the most mature. That was still obvious considering she was rhe only one who risked her life for her childs safety. Her child. I had almost forgotten that there was a living breathing specimen in the basket.

I bent down and opened the cover two multicolored eyes blinked open and looked up at me, the child smiled and reached out towards me. He looked so very young, couldnt be more than a month old. I carefully lifted the baby out of the basket. He was so light, so frail, much like a twig. He reached for the pink curls that had strayed from my braid, knocking them around and giggled. I looked back at his mothers figure and smiled, unknowing to whether or not she was it, and as soon as she appeared she disappeared.

I brought the child inside, along with the basket, out of the cold. I sat on my couch with him on my lap still looking at me with red and green eyes cooing happily and being content with playing with my hair. "What should I name you little one? You mother didnt specify a name in her letter, I suppose I should at least give you the same first ignital of her name, what was it again?"

I scratched the back of my brain for the name of the mother of the being that's life was in my hands, "Aha! It was Rain!" The baby got scared and started to cry, I panicked in response. "Hey hey, no no it's ok I didnt mean to shout I'm sorry. Shh shh it's alright." I stood up rocking the precious being back and forth trying to calm him, "Ranboo, that's what I'll call you. Because your mothers name was Rain, and because she was the only one brave enough to run and risk her life for you. And boo, well because I dont know your other parents name, or origin, so they're like a ghost, and ghosts say boo. A dumb reason I know, but I think Ranboo has a nice ring to it, what do you think Ranboo?" The baby looked up at me and giggled. I smiled, "I'll take that as you like the name," I picked up the allium from the basket and tucked it behind the baby's ear. Allium, the flower that symbolizes unity, good fortune, prosperity, humility, and patience. Patience, I sure was going to need a lot of that. I thought to myself and laughed.

I had only known this child for a few minutes, but yet I already knew I had to protect them with my life. For the first time in a while, the voices werent being violent, instead there was a corus of aww's and that's a cute name ringing through my head. This couldnt be that hard, I thought to myself. Then his stomach grumbled, shit, I don't know what they eat, and I for sure do not have the thing that they might drink. Maybe this wasn't going to be that easy, but I, we, will get through it.

------------------------------------------

<3

Ranboob