Chapter 22: Return

The moon was a distant but ever watchful presence in the sky. It may never shine as brightly as the sun, may be hidden by the clouds, but always there subtly affecting and changing things like how the moon affected the tides.

For all the moon watched and protected, it was always there.

╒◖═══════════════════════◗╕

When Valentin was young he remembers his best friend, no, soulmate.

He was nice.

He was caring.

He was a sweet little thing, always wanting hugs. He would always return them though.

He was pretty and beautiful.

He was someone that understood him and vice versa.

His soulmate died.

His body was found a day later after he died. He didn't even get to see his body for a funeral because Luna asked to be cremated.

Luna.

That was his nickname.

One that shines in the night, the brightest that covers over that of stars. It doesn't provide warmth but comfort for the lone souls.

Opposite to Luna, his nickname was Sun.

One that shines the brightest during the day. The sun provides warmth but be careful, for the sun may burn you if you get too close.

The sun must always shine.

Always stay happy.

Always be a new start.

Cannot remain sad.

His soulmate died.

He also soon died. Only three days later.

He tried to protect his mother but she also died along with him.

The cause? A semi truck out of control, maybe, it didn't stop. They were trying to cross the road and couldn't get out of the way. They even walk during the red light, the hell was the semi truck there for?

He was killed instantly, his mother took a while.

He woke up with blood on his head while his mother had purple bruises on her neck.

Strange thing was that his mother now had brown eyes and looked different. Did he disregard the fact that he had blood running down his head? Yes, yes he did.

That happened a lot even before. Luna and him got into a lot of fights, no not between themselves. He's already used to that feeling.

Another thing was that he was shorter. He was an astonishing height of 183cm but he was reincarnated as a three old!

What the hell!

Ok, maybe he skipped over some things like his panic attack but he rather not talk about that.

Anyways, years have passed since being reborn. He quickly found out that he's in the BNHA world or at least like a parallel world of it.

He now had short black hair. It was choppy unlike his brown curly hair back in his old world. He kept his brown eyes the same. He likes his normal eyes no offense to other people who do have different colored eyes. He thinks it's cool but he's fine with his eyes.

His mother on the other hand has brown eyes with curly black hair. She had green eyes before so it was a bit weird seeing it at first.

Both of them have tan skin, nothing about that changed. Although he's now Filipino-Brazilian.