Chapter Five: Recommendation Entrance Exam

In a blink of an eye, the U.A. Recommendation Entrance Exam had come. Indra was walking towards the school while talking on the phone with Katsuki.

"I'm almost there, pray for me."

"You better ace this exam, Indra! At least, get to the top three, if you don't, I'll kill you."

"Thanks for the encouragement Katsuki, bye now."

"Yeah, yeah put your hard work to good use and win this."

"Hm, thanks again, bye." He said as he hung up with a slight smile.

He was now at the gate of U.A. He is wearing his school uniform with a blue scarf, and his schoolbag. He has his black hair tied into a little ponytail.

He enters with the ID U.A. sent him and is guided to where the other recommended students are. He sees Todoroki Shoto, Yoarashi Inasa, Honenuki Juzo, Yaoyorozu Momo, Tokage Setsuna and other middle-school students, while sitting down in his designated spot. He sees Present Mic enter the front stage as he begins to speak.

"Welcome to the U.A. Recommendation Entrance Exam, little listeners!"

'Ow, my ears.' Thought Indra.

"The U.A. High's recommendation entrance exam will consist of a written test, practical test, and an interview. The written test questions will be on Japanese, math, science, English, history and lastly heroics. You will be given breaks throughout the written portion of the exam, as it will be almost three hours long. I will tell you about the last two parts of the exam later on."

'Three hours? Man, that's long but my hard work will be shown in this exam.'

"Any questions, little listeners? No? Ok, now that's done, the examiners will pass out the test. Good luck, everyone!"

'Luck? It's my hard work and effort that will bring me closer to my dream, not luck.'

The examiner handed the test to him, as Present Mic said that they could start.

The test was surprisingly easy aside from heroics. Maybe because he stayed calm or he over-prepared for the written test.

He took his breaks to get lost in thought and stretch his limbs. He finished his test before most students so he decided to hand his test over, after checking it over three times.

He was now in the waiting room for the other students to finish the written test. He was allowed to change in the locker rooms and use the restroom as he waited for them. He changed into a white tracksuit and put his other stuff in a locker. He returned back into the waiting room and sat down.

So, as he waited, he thought about the test he just took. What else should he do? Talk the students? He rather not.

'What kind of question is 'Should you feel scared to help someone, when you are in danger of losing your life?'

'Of course, you should be scared. It's human nature to be so, but letting that stop you from helping someone is no. As a future doctor, it's my duty for my patients to be cared for and feel safe.' He frowned.

But because this was a test he wrote,

'It's okay to be scared but letting that fear overpowered and control you is not allowed for a pro-hero. They should turn fear into fuel for wanting to save someone. If they die in the process, they at least know that they saved someone, instead of letting that person die because of their inaction and living with the guilt.'

'Why would you ask that to a bunch of middle school students? But, if I died in the line of duty as a pro-hero or doctor, I know that I died trying to save someone. That I wanted to, and worked toward the goal, my entire life since the age of five.'