Chapter Nineteen: Hero Names

It's raining.

He hears noise, the sky is gloomy weeping with rain.

Did that make sense? He doesn't really know.

Right now he's in the bathroom staring at his reflection. The mist-like marks are still on his face and the water-like marks on his legs. They had an uncanny resemblance to Muichiro and Giyuu's demon slayer marks.

The marks only activate when strong emotions overwhelm him for a long period and can last up to a week or so. It didn't appear at the USJ attack 'cause he was too busy suppressing them and you know staying alive?

The first time it happened was when he was four. Only a few weeks ago after he activated his quirk for the first time.

'Should I cover this shit with makeup?' He's been doing makeup for a long time in this life and in the past.

'But I don't have much here.' The only makeup shit he has right now is primer, concealer and a beauty blender. He needs some foundation, setting spray or powder and some other things.

'Y'know fuck it, I'll just do my nails.' And that's what he ends up doing.

Currently he's sitting on the floor of his bathroom, painting his nails a nude color. It was either that or the hot pink that Ran brought for him as a joke.

First was the base coat, then he let it dry. He used his phone in the meanwhile with his left hand. After the base coat dried, he applied the color. Finally he applied the matte top coat for the final touch. He repeated that process for his left hand.

Did he just do his nails for 40 minutes on a school day? Yes, yes he did. He already ate and dressed in his uniform an hour ago. He woke up at six.

'I have like 25 minutes to get to school. And it's raining so I'm going walking.' He walked out the bathroom carefully so as to not ruin his nails and grabbed his schoolbag.

"Hans I'm going walking."

"Do you need to-"

"No, I can walk by myself."

"But what if-"

"I can't get sick by the cold nor the rain Hans."

"..yes, sir."

"Once Ran gets over here, use him to go to work. Use this time to go eat or something. Don't overwork yourself, also tell that to your brother."

"Hai!"

"Bye, Hans, see ya soon at school."

"Bye!"

He always found comfort in the rain.

Really, it was any water in general. The softness and freedom of it.

It was cliche and sort of depressing, but he liked the rain. He liked standing beneath it as the tiny droplets 'pitter patter'.

He liked it. It made him happy.

Happy.

Was he ever really happy though?

In truth, yes, he was. The smiles on the people he cared about. That made him happy. Especially when he was the cause of all those pretty smiles.

And he was scared that if he ever lost those he cared about, he'd never see their smile again. He'd never be truly happy without them.

Never.

He puts his umbrella away and gets his indoor shoes. Like always some students greeted him as he tried to leave the entrance.